Don’t cry too much. Don’t beat yourself up for too long. But never forget what happened… Regrets are pointless. There’s no use in crying over spilled milk. All you can do is slowly fill up the glass again. Time won’t flow backward for you. – Jae-chan
While You Were Sleeping is a combination of the legal drama and fantasy genres, focusing on the tale of three young adults who have acquired the ability to see the future through their dreams: field reporter Nam Hong-joo (Bae Suzy), rookie prosecutor Jung Jae-chan (Lee Jong-suk), and police officer Han Woo-tak (Jung Hae-in). Some of these dreams show crimes that Jae-chan has to investigate and disastrous events that either the three of them have to suffer. Troubled by these dreams, the trio collaborate with each other to prevent these ominous dreams from turning into reality and to take down one of their archenemies, the corrupt lawyer Lee Yoo-beom (Lee Sang-yeob). (Source: Wikipedia)
- Bae Suzy as Nam Hong-joo
- Lee Jong-suk as Jung Jae-chan
- Jung Hae-in as Han Woo-tak
- Lee Sang-yeob as Lee Yoo-beom
- Ko Sung-hee as Shin Hee-min
- Genre : Romance / Fantasy / Thriller / Legal drama
- It aired on SBS from September 27 to November 16, 2017 on Wednesdays and Thursdays time slot for 32 episodes.
- This is the second collaboration between singer-actress Bae Suzy and scriptwriter Park Hye-ryun after working together in the 2011 hit series Dream High. It is also the third time that Park and Lee Jong-suk have worked together after I Can Hear Your Voice and Pinocchio.
- It’s your typical law, supernatural, romance drama with a hint of quirkiness.
- The chemistry was sadly lacking between the main couple.
- I don’t know if anyone else feels this way, I don’t feel affected by Suzy’s acting.
- Lee Jong Suk did very well in his role.
- I was blown away by Lee Sang Yeob’s performance as Lee Yoo Beom.
- Jung Hae In’s character, Han Woo Tak, completely stole the show for me. He was one of the reasons I stuck through to the end of this drama. Another Second Lead Syndrome kind of show.
- Overall, I think While You Were Sleeping is an interesting enough drama to watch. There were some bumps along the ride, but it was enjoyable nonetheless.
My Rating – 8/10
YOU MIGHT ALSO WANT TO READ : Go Back Couple (2017)
Have you seen While You Were Sleeping? Let me know your thoughts in the comment below!
P.S. Not all the photos are mine. Credits to the owners.