I didn’t forget about you for a single moment. So tell me how you felt. If you don’t tell me, there is no way of knowing. – Cha Jin-wook
- Title: My Secret Romance
- Episodes: 13
- Aired: Apr 17, 2017 – May 30, 2017
- Original Network: OCN
- Genre: Romance / Comedy
- Notes: The series is the first OCN drama to air on Monday and Tuesday, as well as the first romance-themed OCN drama.
- Directed by: Kang Cheol Woo (Something About 1 Percent)
- Main Cast: Sung Hoon (Five Enough) and Song Ji-eun (Sweet Home, Sweet Honey)
- Synopsis: “My Secret Romance” is about a man named Cha Jin Wook (played by Sung Hoon) who has been single for three years, and a woman named Lee Yoo Mi (played by Song Ji Eun) who meets him and disappears like Cinderella with only a shoe to remember her by. Later, the two reunite as co-workers and the story starts to unfold. (Soompi)
- It is a feel good and typical cliché kind of drama. No need to deeply analyze the characters and plot.
- There are enough cute moments and a decent enough story to keep it entertaining, but there isn’t really much substance.
- Even though this drama is shorter than most, I still think it was too long. The flashback abuse in this drama is pretty epic.
- I loved the acting of Sung Hoon. His acting is super funny and makes this drama watchable. He is a total eye-candy.
- It might not be everyone’s cup of tea but it is quite fun and enjoyable.
- My Secret Romance is good for watching when you don’t want to think too deeply.
My Rating – 7.5/10 (It has a simple and predictable story but quite refreshing.)
Have you watched My Secret Romance? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below!