Don’t forget our promise. Don’t forget our secrets.
- Title: A Werewolf Boy
- Release Date: October 31, 2012
- Genre: Fantasy Romance Film
- Written and Directed by: Jo Sung Hee (End of Animal)
- Main Cast: Song Joong Ki (Penny Pinchers) and Park Bo Young (Don’t Click)
- Notes: Song Joong Ki only speaks about 10 words throughout the entire film. He perfected his acting through his growling sounds and wolf-like actions.
- Synopsis: Summoned by an unexpected phone call, an elderly woman visits a cottage she used to live in as a child. She begins to recall her memories of a boy she knew 60 years ago. The young Suni and her family move to a small rural village in Korea. There, they encounter a strange ‘wolf boy’ hiding under a bush and take him in out of pity. Bothered by his wild eyes and feral behavior, Suni teaches the boy to wait patiently before a meal, put on clothes, and read and write the alphabet so that he can one day live like other human beings. Slowly, the boy begins to develop feelings for Suni, the first person to ever show him affection. Then one day an unexpected threat exposes the boy’s deadly bestial instincts, and in an instant, he becomes the subject of the villagers’ fears. Desperate to save the life of the boy who risked his own to be by her side, Suni leaves him with a promise: ‘Wait for me. I’ll come back for you.’ (Source: MyDramaList)
- Well, I pick this movie because of Song Jong Ki and Park Bo Young. I had high expectations and I wasn’t disappointed in any way.
- This Korean Movie had so many feels. So heartbreakingly beautiful.
- I’m very impressed with Song Joong Ki’s and Park Bo Young’s performance in this film.
- The chemistry between the leads are just perfect. Song Joong Ki and Park Bo Young are a sweet, heart-wrenching combination!
- A Werewolf Boy is more than just a supernatural werewolf movie, it was a touching story about what it means to be human.
My Rating – 8.5/10 (If you are a k-drama fan, you cannot miss A Werewolf Boy movie.)
Have you watched A Werewolf Boy? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below!