Guardian: The Lonely and Great God (2016)
Every moment I spent with you shined. Because the weather was good, because the weather was bad, and because the weather was good enough. I loved evert moment of it. – Kim Shin
- Title: Guardian: The Lonely and Great God
- Episodes: 16
- Aired: Dec 2, 2016 – Jan 21, 2017
- Original Network: tvN
- Also known as: Goblin
- Genre: Fantasy / Romance / Drama
- Written by: Kim Eun Sook (Descendants of the Sun)
- Directed by: Lee Eung Bok (Descendants of the Sun)
- Main Cast: Gong Yoo (Big), Kim Go-eun (Cheese in the Trap), Lee Dong-wook (Bubblegum), Yoo In-na (One More Happy Ending), and Yook Sung-jae (The Village: Achiara’s Secret)
- Synopsis: Kim Shin was once an unbeatable general in Goryeo’s military who died a tragic death. He now possesses immortality but is tired of living while everyone else around him dies. For 900 years, Kim Shin has searched for his bride, a mortal who can pull out the sword and end his life. One day, he encounters Ji Eun Tak, a positive, upbeat high school student who can see the dead and has gone through tragic events, yet still stays strong. She claims to be the Goblin’s bride who can end his immortal life, but what appears to be an easy task, only gets complicated, as the two fall in love. (Source: MyDramalist)
- The drama has everything, ranging from bromance, romance to mystery and suspense.
- The story will make you laugh and make you cry.
- What I love most with Guardian: The Lonely and Great God? The awesome and unbearably cute bromance between Goblin and Grim Reaper.
- I like the sweet and cute moments of the Goblin couple & the chemistry between Grim Reaper and Sunny.
- Credit card, cellphone and Kim Woo Bin.
- The music was perfect. My Faves : Stay by Chen and Punch / Hush by Lasse Lindh / Beautiful by Crush / You Are So Beautiful by Eddy Kim / I Miss You by Soyou
- I recommend this show for everyone to watch.
My Rating – 8.5/10 (Not only is the love story epic, but so is the bromance between Goblin and Grim Reaper.)
Have you watched Guardian: The Lonely and Great God? Share your ‘feels’!