Uncontrollably Fond (2016)
I am good at waiting, even if it is a thousand times but the thing I am most worried about, is the fact that one day I may not have to wait for him. -Noh Eul
Uncontrollably Fond Synopsis : Shin Joon-young (Kim Woo-bin) and Noh Eul (Bae Suzy) were classmates who were separated during their teenage years due to an ill-fated relationship, but later meet each other in adulthood. Shin Joon-young is now a top actor-singer while Noh Eul is a documentary producer.
Noh Eul had a tough childhood; her father died in a hit-and-run prompting Noh Eul to quit school and make a living for herself and her brother. Shin Joon-young, on the other hand, had his life planned out for him. His mother wanted him to become a prosecutor to follow the footsteps of his estranged father, but an awful incident caused him to quit law school and become a singer-actor. The two reunite when Noh Eul is tasked to film Shin Joon-young’s documentary. Joon-young initially gives Noh Eul a miserable time before finally agreeing to do the documentary and even plans to win her heart back. (Source: Wikipedia)
- Kim Woo-bin as Shin Joon-young
- Bae Suzy as Noh Eul
- Lim Ju-hwan as Choi Ji-tae
- Lim Ju-eun as Yoon Jeong-eun
- Also known as Lightly, Ardently
- Genre : Romance / Melodrama
- It aired on KBS2 from July 6 to September 8, 2016.
- No. of episodes : 20
- While the audience ratings for the drama fell below expectations locally, it was well-received across Asia.
- The series reunited Kim Woo-bin and Lim Ju-eun who both starred in the hit drama The Heirs and Bae Suzy, Jin Kyung and Kim Ki-bang who starred in the historical drama Gu Family Book.
- In the Philippines, the series aired on ABS-CBN’s digital free-to-air channel, Asianovela Channel from July 30 to August 31, 2018 as part of The First and True Home of Asianovelas.
- If you like usual melodrama you’ll like this.
- There are some nice, funny and romantic scenes.
- In terms of the story, I was fine with it. Nothing spectacular, but I liked the backstory and how the story progressed.
- Kim Woo Bin – His acting was very emotional and he was very pleasant to look at.
- Bae Suzy – I wasn’t impressed with her acting. She was the show killer for me, maybe because of her blank expression and shallow dialogue delivery.
- No kilig factor for the main leads.
- Soundtrack was great. (A Little Braver and Across The Ocean by New Empire)
- Heart-breaking Scene : When Joon Young looks up with tears in his eyes, and apologizes for not recognizing her mother. Tumulo luha ko dito.
- For those who love Kim Woo Bin, you can watch this drama. He shines like the brightest in this drama.
My Rating – 7.5/10
Have you watched Uncontrollably Fond? Share your ‘feels’!
Grabe! Sobrang pinaiyak ako ng k-drama na to! Naramdaman ko na naman yung sakit sa puso ko nung nakita ko mga pictures nila!