Gu Family Book (2013)
Yes, I want to become human. Right now, I’m half man, half mythical being. I don’t know when I will turn into a mythical being and lose myself. I can’t call myself a human being. – Kang Chi
Gu Family Book Synopsis : Choi Kang Chi, born as a half-human-half-mythical-creature, goes through struggles in order to live more like a human than anyone else despite not being able to become human. He is the son of Gu Wol Ryung, the guardian spirit of Jiri Mountain, and Yoon Seo Hwa, an ordinary human. Choi Kang Chi later was raised by adopted family. He grows up as an outspoken character who’s full of curiosity and one day, he realizes that he’s a half-human-half-beast through a certain incident and starts living his second life. While going through the struggles, he met Dam Yeo Wool who is a master of martial arts and archery at a young age and then, they both fall in love with each other. (Source: MyDramalist)
- Lee Seung-gi as Choi Kang-chi
- Bae Suzy as Dam Yeo-wool
- Sung Joon as Gon
- Lee Yu-bi as Park Chung-jo
- Yoo Yeon-seok as Park Tae-seo
- Also known as Kang Chi, the Beginning / Gu Family’s Secret / The Writings of Nine Houses / Book of the House of Gu / The Fox Family Book / The Love Story of Kang Chi
- Genre : Historical / Romance / Action / Fantasy
- The series aired on MBC from April 8 to June 25, 2013 for 24 episodes.
Why you MUST watch this drama?
- Intense with a lot of action
- It makes you laugh
- The romance was innocent and forgiving
- It gives you all emotions
- The supporting characters were just as interesting to watch as the main cast. Everyone character had a different personality and they acted it so well.
- Wol Ryung and Seo Hwa’s epic love story
- Lee Seung Gi plays his role of the half-gumiho perfectly and his crying was contagious. I could feel his emotions and all.
- Music was absolutely amazing. Personal favorites : Last Word by Lee Seung Gi / Spring Rain by Baek Ji Young / Don’t Forget Me by Bae Suzy.
- It was not perfect, but it was exciting, and enjoyable.
My Rating – 8/10
What do you think about Gu Family Book? Share your feels!
FANGIRL RECOMMENDS :
- Fantasy Romance – Legend of the Blue Sea (2016)
- Bae Suzy’s Drama – Uncontrollably Fond (2016)
I absolutely love this drama. I still cry at the ending no matter how many times I’ve watched it. The OST and the story itself is so well-crafted and Lee Seung Gi’s acting is so superb that it deserves more appreciation. It’s one of the dramas that I want ( or need 😉) to have a second season. The drama makes me wish to have a boyfriend like Kang Chi whose love encompasses time, life and death 😍
This is my first drama of Lee Seung Gi, and I fell in love with his acting.