If we meet an obstacle, all we have to do is cross it. – Song Sam Dong
- Title: Dream High
- Episodes: 16
- Aired: Jan 3, 2011 – Feb 28, 2011
- Original Network: KBS2
- Genre: Music / Teen / Romance / Coming of age
- Notes: It is revealed that Dream High takes place in the same universe as one of the most famous Korean dramas, My Love from the Star: in episode 17 of My Love from the Star, Bae Suzy makes a special guest appearance as Go Hye-mi, the main protagonist (and the same character she plays in) of Dream High.
- Written by: Park Hye Ryun (Hellcats)
- Directed by: Lee Eung Bok (The Reputable Family), Kim Seong Yoon (The Great Merchant)
- Main Cast: Bae Suzy, Kim Soo-hyun (Father’s House), Ok Taec-yeon (Cinderella’s Sister), Hahm Eun-jung (Coffee House), Jang Wooyoung and Lee Ji-eun
- Synopsis: Six students at Kirin High School share dreams of becoming K-pop idols, among others. During their school years, they learn how to develop their singing, songwriting and dancing skills while undergoing personal growth. They also start to develop feelings for one another. Each of them has their own strengths and weaknesses, but they strive to debut with the support and guidance of one another. (Source: Wikipedia)
- The concept of this drama: teenagers striving for their dreams. The one thing I liked about Dream High is the character development.
- Show was so good overall and the focus of this drama was not romance, but pursuing your dreams, working hard and never giving up.
- The whole cast did a good job.
- The romance between the two teachers made me laugh so much.
- Jason and Pil-suk are so adorable together.
- Kim Soo Hyun as Song Sam Dong was simply outstanding and I cannot explain how amazing he is. I have watched it because of him, he was great.
- The music is great and works into the plot perfectly. My faves : Dream High Theme Song, Dreaming by Kim Soo Hyun and Someday by IU.
- Overall, the drama is worth to watch.
My Rating – 8.5/10 (I had a nice time watching this drama – it was funny and sometimes sad, but almost all the time entertaining.)
Have you watched Dream High? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below!