“When in doubt, think of the defendant’s interests.”
Juror 8 Synopsis : It’s the story of South Korea’s first trial by jury in 2008. It follows the case of a son brutally murdering his mother, with all factors seeming to point to a guilty ruling. However, the trial does not go as smoothly as expected. The eighth juror, young entrepreneur Kwon Nam Woo questions the defendant’s self-declaration of guilt. As a result, Kim Joon Gyum the presiding judge, calls for a new debate to establish a guilty or not guilty verdict.
The jury consists of 8 ordinary people with different ages and personality, but, after they become jurors, they seek out the truth of the case. (Source: MyDramaList)
- Moon So-ri as Kim Joon-gyeom
- Park Hyung Sik as Kwon Nam-woo
- Juror 8 is a 2019 South Korean legal film.
- It was released on May 15, 2019.
- This was Park Hyung Sik’s first feature film and gift to his fans right before he went into the military.
- Juror 8 was kind of a movie that is heartwarming; you can’t help but smile when characters are smiling and you cry when they are crying.
- Simple story yet so intriguing. The movie will going to make you root for characters and cheer them while they try their best to make the right decision.
- That hammer scene was hilarious.
- The cast did a good job in making the characters real.
- Main reason why I watched this film is because Park Hyung Sik is in it. I loved his character and he did an incredible job portraying the role of Juror 8.
- Overall, this film is unexpectedly amazing and light-hearted for a law movie.
- Highly recommended! Please do yourself a favor and watch it.
My Rating – 9/10
What do you think about Juror 8? Share your ‘feels’!
FANGIRL RECOMMENDS :
- Based on True Story Film – The Battleship Island (2017)
- Park Hyung Sik’s Drama – High Society (2015)