If you want to, and even if you don’t, things are bound to happen.
Earthlings call it as FATE. – Do Min Joon
My Love from the Star Synopsis: Do Min Joon is an alien in human form who came to Earth in 1600, and by fate, met young lady Seo Yi Hwa. Min Joon, who does not age, lives for another 400 years as a professor and finds out that he has a chance to leave Earth in 3 months. He is suddenly reminded of the young lady Yi Hwa, whom he saved 12 years ago. Just when he’s preparing himself to leave, popular actress Cheon Song Yi becomes Min Joon’s new neighbour. Both of them, through a series of events, find out about their special relationship that has lasted for hundreds of years. (Source: Viu)
- Jun Ji-hyun as Cheon Song-yi (a famous Hallyu actor who attained stardom as a schoolchild; her haughty demeanor has earned derision in the entertainment industry and on social media)
- Kim Soo-hyun as Do Min-joon (an alien who landed on Earth in 1609 during the Joseon Dynasty)
- Park Hae-jin as Lee Hee-kyung (Song-yi’s friend since middle school and remains in love with her but is continually rejected)
- Yoo In-na as Yoo Se-mi (Song-yi’s childhood friend who is frequently cast in a supporting role alongside Song-yi has had a crush on Hee-kyung since middle school despite her love being unrequited)
- Also known as You Who Came from the Stars
- Genre : Romantic Comedy / Fantasy
- It aired on SBS from December 18, 2013 to February 27, 2014 for 21 episodes.
- This is the second collaboration between Kim and Jun, who previously worked together in the heist film The Thieves.
- It is also Jun’s small screen comeback after 14 years.
You Who Came From The Stars is a perfect blend of romance, comedy, and melodrama. A very fun and likable romantic comedy.
Every single cast in this drama portrayed their character very well. Park Hae Jin and Yoo In Na as well as the other characters were good. Jun Ji Hyun is an absolute delight. Ahn Jae Hyun’s character was so cute and the bromance with Do Min Joon was great.
The chemistry of the leads played a big part of why their tandem worked.
Kim Soo Hyun is one of the few actors who can move me with his crying. He did a great job in this drama and I’ve always admired his acting.
The music is nice. My favorite is My Destiny by Lyn.
My Overall Rating – 8.5/10 (I really enjoyed this drama and I highly recommend everyone to watch this! I would definitely say it is a drama that is worth watching.)
INSPIRING K-DRAMA QUOTES FROM MY LOVE FROM THE STAR
People live really dilligently even though they know they’re going to die. Even though they know they will break up at some point, when they love, they love like there’s no tomorrow. These childish beings are exactly what people are. Things will get better as time passes. It could even become as if it never happened. But, although the future is important, isn’t the present just as important?
Do you know why life is interesting? It’s interesting because you don’t know what’s ahead of you.
When there’s no love, how can a story have a happy ending?
Open your heart. Someone will come, someone will come for you. But first, you have to open your heart.
Do you know what the worst kind of love triangle is? The triangle with the girl in the man’s memory. If she existed in real life, I could find out who she is. I could go fight her face-to-face. But if she locked away in your memory, how could I beat her?
What do you think about You Who Came From The Stars? Let me know your thoughts in the comment!