To be honest, that doesn’t scare me. What really scares me is that someday, I might not be able to do what I want or don’t even remember what I want to do anymore. That’s why this moment is precious to me. I’m not going to hesitate. I’m going to give it my all. – Shim Deok-chul
Navillera tells the story of Shim Deok-chul (Park In-hwan), a 70-year-old retired mailman who decides to pursue his life-long dream of learning ballet, which does not please his family. At the dance academy, he meets Lee Chae-rok (Song Kang), a 23-year-old dancer who became interested in ballet after trying out different sports — his mother was a ballet dancer before she died of disease when he was young. He is struggling financially and thinks of giving up ballet until meeting Deok-chul, which changes his mind. (Source: Wikipedia)
- Park In-hwan as Shim Deok-chul
A retiree who has just celebrated his 70th birthday.
- Song Kang as Lee Chae-rok
A 23-year-old ballerino who is struggling financially and tries to support himself by working as a part-timer at a café.
- Genre: Drama
- Based on the Daum webtoon of the same name written by Hun and illustrated by Ji-min between 2016 and 2017, it aired on tvN from March 22 to April 27, 2021 for 12 episodes.
Inspiring, could be the very definition of this drama. It will remind us that it is never too late to chase our dream. A very heartwarming, tear-jerking story. Each episode will touch your heart.
The drama reflects on real-life a lot. It showed how bittersweet life can be, that even though we suffer on daily basis with all different causes, small happiness still can be found as well.
Hats off to Song Kang & Park In Hwan for delivering such a beautiful & graceful chemistry through out the series.
If you are still wondering, rather give it a try or not, do so! You won’t regret it.
My Overall rating – 8.5/10 (Such a beautiful, inspiring, heartwarming and meaningful drama. Definitely worth watching!)
INSPIRING K-DRAMA QUOTES FROM NAVILLERA
- You’re never going to be perfectly ready. start now and get better over time. You know, strike while the iron is hot. Dive right in even if you don’t feel ready.
- It’s still not too late for you. While your legs are strong and your head is clear, do what you’ve always wanted to do.
- When you want something with all your heart, you shine brighter than anyone else.
- It’d be great to have an easy ride in life. But you see, it’s okay to fall. It’s no big deal scraping your knee a little.
- Why are your dreams so small? You never know how far you can go until you try.
Have you watched Navillera? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below!