The Heirs (2013)
You really can’t win over someone who insists in arguing. – Choi Young Do
The Heirs Synopsis : The series follows a group of rich, privileged high school students as they are about to take over their families’ business empires, overcoming difficulties and growing every step of the way.
Kim Tan (Lee Min-ho) is a wealthy heir to a large Korean conglomerate called Jeguk Group. He was exiled to the U.S. by his brother Kim Won (Choi Jin-hyuk), who tries to take control of the family business. While in the States, he meets Cha Eun-sang (Park Shin-hye), who went there to look for her sister. Despite being engaged to Yoo Rachel (Kim Ji-won), a fellow heiress, Kim Tan soon falls in love with Eun-sang. When Kim Tan returns to Korea, his former best friend turned enemy Choi Young-do (Kim Woo-bin) begins picking on Eun-sang to irritate Tan. Tension ensues when Young-do also falls in love with Eun-sang, and Kim Tan is forced to choose between his responsibility of pursuing the family business or love. (Source : Wikipedia)
- Lee Min-ho as Kim Tan
- Park Shin-hye as Cha Eun-sang
- Kim Woo-bin as Choi Young-do
- Also known as The Inheritors
- Genre : Romance / Drama / Teen
- It aired on SBS from October 9 to December 12, 2013 for 20 episodes.
- Due to its star-studded cast and writer Kim Eun-sook (who previously wrote Lovers in Paris, Secret Garden and A Gentleman’s Dignity), international broadcasting rights were sold to 13 countries.
- This was the first Korean drama co-produced by American digital distribution platform DramaFever and Korean production company Hwa&Dam Pictures.
- The series was a major hit in South Korea and received immense popularity across Asia.
- The storyline was simple and cliched but I think that is the beauty of it.
- I think all of the actors did a great job with their characters.
- The relationship between Kim Tan and Eun Sang’s moms was endearing. Their scenes always made me laugh, and they had quite a warming relationship with each other.
- Park Hyung Sik was too adorable in this drama I could see the many bromances forming with him.
- I love Kim Woo Bin’s character in this drama. The different emotions he used to express each and everything showed perfectly well on his face.
- LSS : Moment by Lee Changmin (2AM)
- The Heirs is really good if you let go of your high expectations.
My Rating – 8.5/10
YOU MIGHT ALSO WANT TO READ : HIGH SCHOOL KING OF SAVVY (2014)
Have you watched The Heirs? Share your ‘feels’!
P.S. Not all the photos are mine. Credits to the owners.