Cunning Single Lady (2014)
You have to work through the hardships together. Only then, you get to enjoy the fruit of success. – Cha Jung-woo
Cunning Single Lady Synopsis : Na Ae-ra grew up believing she was born to be only pretty and not smart. While working at her family’s restaurant, she falls in love with Cha Jung-woo, a geeky engineering graduate student studying to enter civil service. Na Ae-ra wants to become a housewife, and after Jung-woo promises that she will be, they get married. During their 100th day wedding celebration, Jung-woo announces that he has quit his job because he has an idea for a business. Jung-woo’s businesses keep failing and Ae-ra struggles to keep them afloat by working multiple jobs. After secretly suffering a miscarriage from the stress of being the sole breadwinner and living in poverty, Ae-ra divorces Jung-woo after four years of marriage. Three years after the divorce, Ae-ra discovers that Jung-woo has become fabulously successful and wealthy, while she is still paying debts that accrued during their marriage. The fun begins when Ae-ra schemes for revenge, with Jung-woo believing that Ae-ra wants him back because he has become wealthy. (Source : Wikipedia)
- Lee Min-jung as Na Ae-ra
- Joo Sang-wook as Cha Jung-woo
- Kim Gyu-ri as Gook Yeo-jin
- Seo Kang-joon as Gook Seung-hyun
- Also known as Sly and Single Again / Devious Divorcee
- Genre : Romance / Comedy / Drama
- It aired on MBC from February 27 to April 24, 2014 for 16 episodes.
- The story is heart fluttering, and so light that you’ll not feel any bit of stress.
- Acting were very light and natural and will leave you laughing.
- The male and female lead had great chemistry and both were interesting characters.
- Each episode has a few funny scenes involving our male lead who can be adorably petty.
- Joo Sang Wook portrayed the his character amazingly.
- Ae Ra was portrayed nicely by Lee Min Jung, you couldn’t help but love her for being the way she was.
- Seo Kang Joon portrayed his role very well. He is just the cutest thing on earth.
- Kim Myung Soo had a small supporting role but it was pretty cute too.
- The music are ‘feel good’. My faves : What Do I Do by Yoo Seung Woo / I Really Love You by Yoo Sung Eun and GB9
- If you are looking for something fresh, light and will give you a good laugh and with a side of eye-candy, then this series is for you.
- I recommend this to everyone who want to take a break from heavy dramas.
My Rating – 8.5/10
YOU MIGHT ALSO WANT TO READ : TWO WEEKS (2013)
Have you watched Cunning Single Lady? Share your ‘feels’!
P.S. Not all the photos are mine. Credits to the owners.
Hey, i watched this!!! I remember watching this and loving it, but I can’t recall anything that happen. I like the second lead better than the main one. Such cutie!!