True Beauty (2020)
Why am I so scared to live with the face that I’ve been given? I really am a loser. – Lim Ju-kyung
Based on a hit webtoon, “True Beauty” is a romantic comedy about Lim Ju Gyeong (Moon Ga Young), who zealously uses makeup to hide her bare face and combat her insecurities about her looks. After she meets Lee Su Ho (Cha Eun Woo), a popular student who has his own emotional wounds, they share each other’s secrets and learn to heal through love. (Source: Soompi)
- Moon Ga-young as Lim Ju-kyung
- Cha Eun-woo as Lee Su-ho
- Hwang In-yeop as Han Seo-jun
- Park Yoo-na as Kang Su-jin
- Genre : Romance / Comedy / Slice of life / Coming-of-age
- It aired on tvN from December 9, 2020 to February 4, 2021 every Wednesday and Thursday for 16 episodes.
- It’s a perfect combination of humor, sadness, romance, lovable characters, and everything you’d want in a drama. It will definitely put you in a good mood.
- I really love the sismance and bromance.
- The supporting casts were pretty interesting and funny, definitely gave me a good laugh from time to time.
- Park Yoo Na absolutely aced every aspect of Soo Jin.
- Moon Ga Young nailed her role and did her job wonderfully.
- I like Cha Eun Woo but I couldn’t deny the fact that his acting was not that natural, but I must say that he is getting better in his emotional scenes.
- I love Hwang In Yeop, he’s definitely one of the best second male leads I’ve ever seen. I wish I can have him for myself.
- Overall, the story is nothing new but it keeps entertaining being light-hearted and hilarious. It was so fun and amazing for me and I definitely recommend it especially to rom-com fans.
My Rating – 9.0/10
INSPIRING K-DRAMA QUOTES FROM TRUE BEAUTY
- I was so caught up with how hurt I was, that I didn’t know that you were hurting inside as well. – Han Seo Jun
- If I hate my face just because they say that, I’d be agreeing that I’m a loser. So I’m going to ignore them and live with the face I’m given. – Han Go Woon
- A person who tries everything has no regrets.
- You decide your own worth. – Lim Hee-kyung
- Some of you don’t know… what it is that you really want. And some of you do know, but you’re hesitant. But opportunities come without a warning. And you must be prepared to take advantage of it.
- It must’ve been difficult for you trying to keep the truth hidden. Those who make you feel this way are the losers. So don’t ever think that again, got it? – Kang Soo Jin
Have you watched True Beauty? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below!
- Coming-of-age Drama – Reply 1994 (2013)
- Cha Eun Woo’s Drama – My ID is Gangnam Beauty (2018)
Haven’t watch it, is it available on Netlifx? I love stories like this, simple, cute and nakakakilig… K dramas are very entertaining tlaga.. kahit annung age…:)
True Beauty is one of the Kdramas that I really liked. I super like it that whoever Ju-Kyung picks is okay with me (but more on Seo-Jun’s side. haha)
I love the quotes you shared here. Indeed, we decide our own worth
Maria Teresa Figuerres
I’m hooked on K-dramas right now, but this one is not showing on Netflix. I also want to see this for myself.
Sa may viu lang yata siya available… wala pa sa netflix.
This show is very timely and on-point. It is available na in Netflix? Hope yes even here at Netflix Australia.
Wala pa yata sa Netflix, sa VIU lang ang alam kong available siya.
Seriously, how can a guy like Cha Eun Woo, be this pretty? It is as if he came straight out of webtoon!
The story is super simple, but compelling. Have ti watch it first before i judge it. Might be good hahah