When everything – city and people was frightening. On that unfamiliar land, the place where we wouldn’t be outsiders was…the only place that made us feel safe was this place, my home. – Na Jung
Reply 1994 Synopsis : Set in 1994, six university students from various provincial areas live together at a boarding house in Sinchon, Seoul, which is run by a couple with a daughter named Na Jung. The timeline moves back and forth between the past in 1994 and the present in 2013, making the viewers guess who will become Na Jung’s husband among the male characters. (Source : MyDramaList)
- Go Ara as Sung Na-jung
- Jung Woo as “Sseureki” (meaning “Garbage” or “Trash”)
- Yoo Yeon-seok as “Chilbong” (meaning “Seven Shut-outs)
- Kim Sung-kyun as “Samcheonpo” (referencing his hometown)
- Son Ho-jun as “Haitai” (referencing baseball team Haitai Tigers)
- Baro as “Binggeure” (meaning “Smiley”; referencing baseball team Binggrae Eagles)
- Min Do-hee as Jo Yoon-jin
- Sung Dong-il as Sung Dong-il
- Lee Il-hwa as Lee Il-hwa
- Genre : Romance / Comedy
- It aired on tvN from October 18 to December 28, 2013 for 21 episodes.
- Its final episode garnered an average viewership rating of 11.509%, making it one of the highest rated Korean dramas in cable television history.
- Despite the same writer and director, and the casting of Sung Dong-il and Lee Il-hwa, Reply 1994 is not a prequel of Reply 1997; it uses the same concept of coming-of-age drama combined with 1990s nostalgia, but with a completely new plot and characters.
- I liked watching Reply 1994 because of the great acting of the casts and finding out the “who” in the end.
- The thing that makes this drama stand out is the band of realistic characters, their unbreakable bonds, unforgettable friendships and love for each other.
- Everyone’s acting was perfect in portraying their character, and every emotion and feeling can be felt by the viewers as well.
- I loved both Trash and Chilbong.
- One of my favorite part : Cameos of the cast of Reply 1997.
- The OST was so good.
- Reply 1994 was a long ride of nostalgia, laughs and tears.
- Overall, it’s a good and must-watch series.
My Rating – 8.5/10
Have you watched Reply 1994? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below!
FANGIRL RECOMMENDS :