There may be lowly people but I don’t want to be like them. That’s my reason. I may not change the world. I want to stand up for myself at least. – Im Ba-reun
Miss Hammurabi Synopsis : Park Cha Oh Reum is a newly appointed judge who is assigned to the 44th Civil Affairs Department at the Seoul Central District. She is always on the lookout for injustice and is able to profoundly empathize with others. Compared to her, Im Ba Reun is a cool-headed man of principle with the creed of ‘Court that is equal to all’, and he is displeased with junior judge Park Cha Oh Reum who is overly sympathetic when it comes to cases. (Source : MyDramalist)
- Go Ara as Park Cha Oh-reum
- Kim Myung-soo as Im Ba-reun
- Sung Dong-il as Han Se-sang
- Genre : Legal drama
- It aired on JTBC’s Mondays and Tuesdays from May 21 to July 16, 2018 for 16 episodes.
- The series was well-received by viewers for its fresh perspective on judges as well as its honest depiction of adversities in modern-day Korean society.
- This series reunites Sung Dong-il and Go Ara who previously worked together in Reply 1994 (2013) and Hwarang: The Poet Warrior Youth (2016).
- A heart warming legal drama that’ll make you laugh and cry at the same time.
- I liked how the story doesn’t have focus on romance but to the problems that any person can live through in their lives.
- OST was really good. My fave : Someday, Somehow by U-Mb5 (ft.Hodge).
- Kim Myung Soo’s acting was really good and his character was refreshing.
- I think Miss Hammurabi is quite enjoyable if you come with little expectations like I did.
My Rating – 8/10
What do you think about Miss Hammurabi? Share your ‘feels’!