Reply 1997 (2012)
At the age of 18, we think we can love anyone… and worry too much about little things. Eighteen. Adults say at this age, we laugh at the simplest things. But at that time, we were serious. Harder and more intense than most adults. – Shi Won
Reply 1997 Synopsis : Set in the 1990’s, the drama centers around a female high school student Shi Won, who idolizes boyband H.O.T and her 5 high school friends in Busan. As the timeline moves back and forth between their past as 18-year-old high schoolers in 1997 and their present as 33-year-olds at their high school reunion dinner in 2012, where one couple will announce that they’re getting married. (Source : MyDramalist)
- Jung Eun-ji as Sung Shi-won
- Seo In-guk as Yoon Yoon-Jae
- Hoya as Kang Joon-hee
- Shin So-yul as Mo Yoo-jung
- Eun Ji-won as Do Hak-chan
- Lee Si-eon as Bang Sung-jae
- Song Jong-ho as Yoon Tae-Woong
- Genre : Romance / Comedy / Teen / Drama
- The series originally aired live on cable channel tvN in 16 episodes.
- This drama served as the acting debut of Jung Eun-ji.
- The last episode recorded the highest ratings at the time for a Korean cable drama, and the series has garnered praise from audiences and critics for being well-researched, refreshing, genuine, and full of humor and heart
- Everything in the drama was full of meaning and everything just fit together perfectly.
- It was full of sweet moments and what I like about this drama is that there isn’t some annoying or crazy villain.
- The cast and acting was perfect. Every single one them managed to create their own story in their own unique and quirky way. I laughed (that Busan dialect), I loved and I cried for all their troubles and woes.
- The six lead actors created a great atmosphere and believable friendship moments.
- I loved Eunji and Seo In Guk the most. They had some great chemistry going on between each other.
- Special mention to Seo In Guk, his acting was amazing. You can see his emotions through his eyes and when he cries I just cry with him, because it seems so genuine and the pain is visible through his crying.
- The OST is good. My faves : All For You and Just the Way We Love by Seo In-guk and Jung Eun-ji
- I would consider a drama on how good it is based on how addicted I was and Reply 1997 gave me that super addicted feels. This series is unique, hilarious and oh-so-refreshing. Simple, but awesome. I recommend this drama to everyone.
My Rating – 9/10
What do you think about Reply 1997? Share your ‘feels’!
FANGIRL RECOMMENDS :
- Reply Series – Reply 1988 (2015)
- Seo In Guk’s Drama – The Smile Has Left Your Eyes (2018)
Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Pinterest