The reason I miss that time and that street isn’t only because I miss my younger self. It is because my parents’ youth, my friends’ youth – the youth of everything I loved was in that place. I regret not bidding a final farewell to the surrounding of my youth that can never be brought back together again. To the things that’ve already gone, to the time I can’t return to… I bid my belated farewell. Goodbye, my youth. Goodbye, Ssangmun-dong. – Deok Sun
Reply 1988 Synopsis : Five childhood friends, who all live in the same Ssangmundong neighborhood of Seoul, lean on each other to survive their challenging teen years and set a path for their futures. Sung Deok Sun struggles for attention as the middle child in her poor family while also carrying the burden of her 989th ranking in school. Kim Jung Hwan only has a one-track mind for soccer, even after his family becomes rich overnight.Sung Sun Woo is the perfect student, student council president and a caring and dependable son in his family. Ryu Dong Ryong is a geek who knows more about girls and life than the rest of his friends, but his poor academic score prevents him from being able to go to college. Choi Taek is a genius baduk player who dropped out of school to go professional. As the group of friends gets into and out of mischief around the neighborhood, what experiences from these memorable times together will they carry with them into their future lives? (Source : MyDramalist)
- Hyeri as Sung Duk-seon/Sung Soo-yeon
- Park Bo-gum as Choi Taek
- Go Kyung-pyo as Sung Sun-woo
- Ryu Jun-yeol as Kim Jung-hwan
- Lee Dong-hwi as Ryu Dong-ryong
- Genre : Family / Comedy / Romance
- Set in the year 1988, it revolves around five friends and their families living in the same neighborhood of Ssangmun-dong, Dobong District, Northern Seoul.
- It aired every Friday and Saturday from November 6, 2015, to January 16, 2016, on tvN for 20 episodes.
- Reply 1988 is the third installment of tvN’s Reply series.
- It received both critical and audience acclaim with its finale episode recording an 18.8% nationwide audience share, making it the fourth highest rated drama in Korean cable television history.
- It is a drama about life, love, friendship, anger, failure and family. It will make you laugh and cry and give you butterflies in your stomach and laugh and cry again.
- Characters are everything to this drama. Every character is written in its own way, with faults and virtues, but together they try to overcome it and be happy.
- I truly enjoyed the brilliant acting of the adults, how they portrayed their friendship and family ties between one another. Also, what gives charm to this drama is parents and supporting characters.
- Jung Hwan played by Ryu Jun-yeol, stole my attention, I have to admit. His character is perfect, a man every girl wants.
- I recommend this to anyone that wants to relive the first love, get angry with the troubles of life and shed tears of happiness.
My Rating – 8.5/10
What do you think about Reply 1988? Share your ‘feels’!
FANGIRL RECOMMENDS :