Stop demoralizing the kids by calling them a failure… Respect the kid and treat them exactly how you like to be treated. – No Seung-hye
A satirical drama that closely looks at the materialistic desires of the upper-class parents in Korea and how they ruthlessly secure the successes of their families at the cost of destroying others’ lives. The drama revolves around the lives of housewives living in a luxurious residential area called SKY Castle in suburban Seoul, where wealthy doctors and professors live. The wives are determined to make their husbands more successful and to raise their children like princes and princesses and to be top students. They want their children to go to top universities so they use every way possible to get that. They spend billions of won to hire coordinators for college entrance exams. (Source : Wikipedia)
- Genre : Satire / Drama / Black comedy
- It aired on JTBC from November 23, 2018, to February 1, 2019 for 20 episodes.
- Sky Castle is the second-highest-rated drama in Korean cable television history.
- The drama received positive reviews from critics and won multiple awards, including four at the 55th Baeksang Arts Awards.
- SKY Castle focuses on a person’s well-being above all else, be it education, money, or job position.
- It has an amazing balance of drama, tragedy, mystery, and comedy. This drama has so much suspense but at the same time is balanced with the humor added.
- It’s filled with twists and turns and every aspect of it is just so engaging.
- The acting and cast was amazing.
- Music was great, and Ha Jin’s We All Lie will remain a classic.
- I must say that this drama is worth watching, so do yourself a favor and just watch it.
My Rating – 9/10
YOU MIGHT ALSO WANT TO READ : CHEESE IN THE TRAP (2016)
What do you think about SKY Castle? Share your ‘feels’!
P.S. Not all the photos are mine. Credits to the owners.