Back then, I had no idea, what it means to give up your dream… How remembering a forgotten dream would make you feel like. – Baek In-ho
“Cheese in the Trap” is a drama based on the original popular web comic series by the same name. It tells the story of love and conflict between a university student named Hong Seol, and her boyfriend, Yoo Jung. (Soompi)
- Yoo Jung (Park Hae-jin)
- Hong Seol (Kim Go-eun)
- Baek In-ho (Seo Kang-joon)
- Baek In-ha (Lee Sung-kyung)
- Genre : Romance / Drama
- It aired on the cable network tvN for 16 episodes from January 4 to March 1, 2016.
- The series is based on the webtoon of the same name, serialized on Naver Webtoon from 2010–2016, although it featured an original ending since the webtoon had not been completed at the time of filming.
- It is one of the highest-rated Korean dramas in cable television history.
- The role of Hong Seol was first offered to Kim Go-eun who declined it before accepting it afterwards. The role was also offered to Bae Suzy, but due to protest from fans of the original webtoon, she declined the offer.
- This is a great drama because it’s so realistic and relatable.
- All the actors were pretty good. It makes you think. Who are these people? Why do they act this way?
- I love the chemistry between the two main leads, they were a very cute couple.
- I like Yoo Jung’s character, he will encourage you to keep watching, for you to find out his true self. Jung has been described in the drama as “strange” and “weird”. I find him attractive, charming, mysterious and intriguing.
- I also really loved the second male lead Baek In Ho’s character. Seo Kang Joon was intensely immersed in his role as well, and I truly enjoyed his performance here! I was completely mesmerized when he played the piano! I definitely suffered some second lead syndrome in this drama.
- Cheese in the Trap was still an amazing, memorable drama-watching experience. There were some slow events but I’ve never felt bored watching the series.
- Don’t get discouraged to watch this drama and just go for it! In general it was worth the watch and an enjoyable ride!
My Rating – 8.5/10
Have you watched Cheese in the Trap? Share your feels!
FANGIRL RECOMMENDS :
- Romance Drama – W – Two Worlds (2016)
- Kim Go Eun’s Drama – Guardian: The Lonely and Great God (2016)