What I want to say is… If you’re beside me, that’s enough for me. It’s not because I need you. You’re enough for me. Just having you beside me is enough. – Yi Do
Splash Splash Love Synopsis: Dan Bi is a high school senior who has given up on math. On the day she is about to take the KSAT for college, she is transported back into the past during a freak rain shower. She finds herself hundreds of years in the past at the height of the Joseon Kingdom, which is suffering from a severe drought. She encounters King Leedo who yearns to learn advanced mathematics and falls in love with him. This is a romance that transcends space and time with two lovers who come to know each other on a deeper level. (Source: MyDramalist)
- Kim Seul-gi as Jang Dan-bi / Jang Yeong-sil
- Yoon Doo-joon as Yi Do
- Genre : Fantasy / Romance / Time slip
- It initially aired on web platform Naver TV Cast in a 10-episode format.
- It was then broadcast by MBC on December 13 and 20, 2015 in two 60-minute episodes.
- The series aired two years after the popular novel Moonlight Drawn by Clouds was serialized on Naver in 2013.
- The novel is the original work from which the drama Love in the Moonlight (2016) was adapted from.
- If I were to describe this special in three words I would choose : Funny. Charming. Romantic.
- The chemistry between the two leading actors was good. The romance they portrayed was so sweet and innocent that it made my heart flutter.
- Kim Seul Gi gave her character such a refreshing feel.
- Yoon Doo Joon showed perfect emotions in his face. I think I really need to watch more of his drama.
- The drama is enjoyable every single minute and the romance is so worth watching!
My Rating – 9/10
Have you watched Splash Splash Love? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below!