I’ll take you to mom no matter what. – Seok Woo
A leak at a biotech plant inadvertently results in a zombie apocalypse, which spreads rapidly across the country. The passengers of a KTX train are seemingly the sole survivors as the train chugs through empty and desolate stations. “Train to Busan” follows the story of a workaholic single father Seo Seok Woo (Gong Yoo) who has to protect his daughter Su An (Kim Su An) as they travel with a group of survivors onboard the KTX. After learning that Busan had been established as a quarantine zone, the group of survivors make plans to go to the city in the hopes of reaching a safe zone. (Source: Soompi)
- Gong Yoo as Seok-woo, a fund manager whose wife left him because of his selfishness.
- Kim Su-an as Su-an, daughter of Seok-woo who wants to see her mom in Busan for her birthday.
- Ma Dong-seok as Yoon Sang-hwa, husband of Seong-kyeong
- Jung Yu-mi as Seong-kyeong, Sang-hwa’s pregnant wife
- Choi Woo-shik as Min Yong-guk, a high school baseball player
- Ahn So-hee as Kim Jin-hee, a friend of Yong-guk’s
- Kim Eui-sung as Yon-suk, a business executive
- Train to Busan is a 2016 South Korean action horror film directed by Yeon Sang-ho.
- It became the highest-grossing Korean film in Malaysia, Hong Kong and Singapore.
- In South Korea, it recorded more than 11 million moviegoers and was the highest grossing film of the year.
- The movie will catch your attention right from the start.
- It’s a whole show about characters doing their utmost best to reach the safe zone- Busan.
- The pace was nice, there are no boring moments.
- The acting and characters were great. Everyone had their time and story in this movie.
- To sum it up, it’s not just for zombie fans. Go watch it, it’s worth your time. You won’t regret it.
My Overall Rating – 8.5/10 (If you enjoy a little bit of horror, action, thrill, a little bit of comedy and quite a bit of tragedy, give this movie a go.)
MOVIE QUOTES FROM TRAIN TO BUSAN
- Dads get all the shit, and no praise. But it’s all about sacrifice, right?
- When you start something, you should finish it no matter what.
Have you watched Train to Busan? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below!