I would ask someone to protect a person important to me. If I could communicate with the past, that is… If I do nothing, I’d regret that too. Isn’t it better to try something even if it becomes a mess? – Cha Soo Hyun
Synopsis : A mysterious walkie talkie allows a detective in the year 1989 to communicate with a cold case profiler from 2015; with the power of fore and hindsight the two not only solve crimes but prevent them from ever taking place.
A criminal profiler Park Hae Young (Lee Je-hoon), solves a kidnapping case that ended up with a falsely accused who apparently disappeared after the crime, with a mysterious walkie-talkie he picks up. The success of this case triggers the formation of a long-term cold case team, led by Detective Cha Soo-Hyun (Kim Hye-soo), who has been searching her long-lost mentor Lee Jae-Han (Cho Jin-woong), for the past 15 years. With the help of Detective Lee Jae-Han, the person at the other end of the walkie-talkie, Park Hae-young solves many other cold cases that have remained unsolved for years, while helping Lee Jae-Han help solve some cases in the past. However, grave unintended sequences follow. Within the limited capabilities of the supernatural element, the three detectives put up a fight against time to solve crimes and save themselves from the unprecedented events that occur due to their actions. (Source: Wikipedia)
- Lee Je-hoon as Park Hae-young
- Kim Hye-soo as Cha Soo-hyun
- Cho Jin-woong as Lee Jae-han
- Genre : Procedural / Drama / Thriller
- It premiered on tvN on January 22, 2016.
- No. of Episodes : 16
- The series was inspired by real-life criminal incidents in Korea, including the Hwaseong serial murders.
- The series received widespread acclaim from audience and critics alike for its story and performances. Also, it is the tenth highest-rated Korean drama in cable television history with a peak audience viewership of 12.54%.
- It has been reported that a second season of the Korean drama was in the works.
- Signal was a crime thriller that kept me on the edge of my seat throughout most of the show.
- There are a lot of flashbacks and that makes the series confusing at times.
- I wanted to know more about the walkie-talkie and had some questions that were never answered.
- The acting was amazing. The cast portrayed their expressions and emotions really well.
- Don’t go into this drama expecting a romance because you really won’t get anything.
- This is definitely a must watch drama.
My Rating – 8.5/10
YOU MIGHT ALSO WANT TO READ : CIRCLE : TWO WORLDS CONNECTED (2017)
Have you watched Signal? Share your ‘feels’!
P.S. Not all the photos are mine. Credits to the owners.