“Even couples who were crazy about each other at the start, naturally end up living like strangers as time passes.” – Cha Jeong Suk
- Title: Doctor Cha
- Episodes: 16
- Aired: Apr 15, 2023 – Jun 4, 2023
- Original Network: jTBC
- Genre: Medical | Comedy | Family Drama
- Written by: Jung Yeo Rang
- Directed by: Kim Dae Jin (The King of Pigs), Kim Jung Wook (Rookie Cops)
- Main Cast: Uhm Jung-hwa (Our Blues) in the title role, along with Kim Byung-chul (Sisyphus: The Myth), Myung Se-bin (Avengers Social Club), and Min Woo-hyuk (The Third Charm)
- Synopsis: “Doctor Cha” draws out the “ripped life stitches” of Cha Jung Sook (Uhm Jung Hwa), who transforms from a housewife of 20 years to a first year medical resident. (Source: Soompi)
- The series portrays the journey of the main character, highlighting her resilience and strength amidst challenging circumstances.
- The beginning is strong and extremely funny.
- The first 10 episodes were so good but then… I don’t know what happened but last few episodes bored me.
- This had a lot of potential, and is not that’s bad, is just a pity, they could have done better.
- The ending was good. It was just what was needed to conclude the series.
- With so many heavily plotted K-dramas out there, it’s nice to have something lighthearted, with a good balance of drama to watch.
My Rating – 8.0/10 (It wasn’t great, it wasn’t horrible, it was just ok.)
Some Inspiring Lines/Quotes from Cha Jeong Suk
- Listen. The love between a married couple isn’t always maintained through physical aspects. It’s a world of complexities and subtleties.
- They say that you should treat your kids like you would treat others.
- People can be a little soft and they can be strong, too.
- I thought I was living an upper-class life that wasn’t lacking by any standard. But after coming back from the brink of death, it turns out all of that was meaningless.
- Failure is always painful.
- A mother and a woman are like two completely different species.
- You have to try once so you won’t have any regrets.
Have you watched Doctor Cha? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below!