The word, “stranger”, carries a sense of distance and unfamiliarity with it. But the truth is, we’re all stranger to each other after all. Distant but close. Unfamiliar but familiar at the same time. That’s us. And that’s probably why all of us carry an array of unfold stories in our hearts. – Dan-i
Romance is a Bonus Book is a romantic comedy that tells the story of those who create books at a publishing company. The main plot will revolve around Kang Dan Yi (Lee Na Young), who was once one of the greatest copywriters but currently struggles to find work, and Cha Eun Ho (Lee Jong Suk), a star writer and an idol of the literature world. With the help of these two, the drama hopes to both bring laughs and warm viewers’ hearts by telling a complicated but realistic story of people who make books. (Source: Soompi)
- Lee Na-young as Kang Dan-i (37 years old)
A former advertising copywriter and a current unemployed divorcee who later joins the publishing company as a temporary task support team member.
- Lee Jong-suk as Cha Eun-ho (32 years old)
A successful writer who is also the publishing company’s youngest editor-in-chief. He is a long-time friend of Kang Dan-i and harbours romantic feelings for her.
- Genre: Romantic comedy
- It aired from January 26 to March 17, 2019 on tvN for 16 episodes.
- Warm, interesting, inspiring and generally entertaining.
- There were not unreasonable plot twists, nerve wrecking happenings, hate-able antagonists etc.
- The characters and their relationships boost the story and make this drama an enjoyable ride.
- Each and every character gets his/her fair amount of screen time and we witness the character grow as the story progresses.
- Watch it if you love books, noona romances or comforting slice-of-life dramas with endearing characters.
My Overall Rating – 8.5/10 (I really enjoyed watching the series as it didn’t get too depressing but was also consistent and had a lot of beautiful moments.)
INSPIRING K-DRAMA QUOTES FROM ROMANCE IS A BONUS BOOK
- Two people who have spend a long time together do not need words to express their feelings.
- We are like books. We wait for someone to find us and open us to see what’s inside.
- Everyone has their own tunnel to pass.
- Telling someone how you feel is as hard as translating an ancient documents.
- A book that inspired others may not always inspire you, so find a book that does.
- In life, we face many hurdles. We use each others love to jump over them.
- The more we love, the more I know that we can never be the same person. But as we love, that person’s happiness becomes my happiness. That person’s misfortune becomes my misfortune. It’s strange and miraculous to love. We do that amazing thing every day.
- A fair part of this unfair world is everyone lives once. What kind of life it will be depends on you.
- Having feelings for someone means giving away a bit of your heart.
- Dream. And yearn. Love deeply and lastingly. We rest, and dwell in our momentary joy to recharge ourselves so that we can return to the world full of pain. So that we can have new dreams. Yearn for new things, and love once again, deeply and lastingly.
- When something leaves, it leaves a hole and you get to decide what to fill it with.
Have you watched Romance Is a Bonus Book? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below!