Arang and the Magistrate (2012)
I hated to hear the saying that time is faster than an arrow, above all else. Because difficult times always passed by so slowly. But as I’m with you now, indifferent time keeps going, and I resent it. – Eun Oh
“Arang and the Magistrate” is a fusion historical drama about the story of a government official, who tries to help relieve the grudge over the unfair death of a young woman. (Soompi)
- Lee Joon-gi as Kim Eun-oh
- Shin Min-ah as Arang/Lee Seo-rim
- Yeon Woo-jin as Joo-wal
- Also known as Tale of Arang
- Genre : Fantasy / Horror / Period drama / Romance
- It aired on MBC from August 15 to October 18, 2012 for 20 episodes.
- It aired in the Philippines on GMA Network from January 20 to March 14, 2014 under the title Tale of Arang: A Love Without End.
- Arang and the Magistrate was a drama that had different genres wrapped up in one story. It is a mixture of mystery, fantasy and romance.
- I absolutely loved the actors in this. They are incredibly talented and will impress you no matter what. Each character suited his/her role.
- Yoo Seung Ho as the jade emperor is just too awesome.
- Shin Min Ah does an amazing job playing Arang. She is bubbly and lively.
- I love the voice of Joon Gi… so manly. And his fighting scenes were kick-ass.
- Main leads have great chemistry. Lee Joon-gi plus Shin Min-ah equals enjoyable watching hours!
- The soundtracks where simple yet effective. My personal favorites are Love and Again, Love by Baek Ji Young / One Day by Lee Joon Gi.
- It was a joyful ride since there were many intriguing events and characters.
- The journey into Arang’s fantasy world is worth the time.
My Rating – 8.5/10
Have you watched Arang and the Magistrate? Share your feels!
FANGIRL RECOMMENDS :
- Lee Joon Gi’s Movie – The King and the Clown (2005)
- Shin Min Ah’s Drama – Oh My Venus (2015)