I can do anything as long as I set my mind to it. I can still do this, so I didn’t reach my limit yet. – Kang Joo Eun
“Oh My Venus” tells the story of a female lawyer who works hard to regain her attractive figure. She meets her polar opposite in a famous health trainer. The individuals experience healing their past hurts as they go through the weight loss process. The drama claims to be a romantic comedy that features falling in love with who a person is on the inside rather than their exterior appearance. (Source : Soompi)
- So Ji-sub as Kim Young-ho/John Kim
- Shin Min-a as Kang Joo-eun
- Jung Gyu-woon as Im Woo-shik
- Yoo In-young as Oh Soo-jin
- Genre : Romance / Drama / Comedy / Fitness
- It aired on KBS2 for 16 episodes beginning on November 16, 2015.
- Shin underwent heavy make-up and costuming for her role as the overweight Kang Joo-eun. Before each filming session, Shin underwent three hours of make-up that included attaching a silicon mask formed from a mold of her face. A fat suit and padded clothing were also used to create the appearance of a heavy 30-something.
- This is a very straightforward and simple story of how an obese woman eventually lost weight but gained the love of a chaebol guy. The story is fairly simple but was executed wonderfully.
- I like the bromance between So Ji Sub, Henry and Sung Hoon.
- The music in this drama was super catchy and cute. My personal favorites are Darling U by Kim Tae-woo ft.Ben / Love moves on by Kei.
- Favorite scene: Hospital Scene (“Tap,tap”). Grabe, nadala ako ng emosyon ni Kang Joo Eun.
- I became a So Ji Sub fan watching this drama. He is naturally and effortlessly hot.
- You can not help but fall for Shin Min Ah’s bubbly and attractive personality. Her trademark dimples were so incredibly cute.
- The chemistry between the leads was undeniably one of the best!
- This drama made me laugh, cry and smile so much.
- I definitely recommend Oh My Venus, if you feel like watching something that’s romantic, “erotic”, emotional, and funny!
My Overall Rating – 8.5/10 (It’s a typical romcom, but because of the great chemistry between the 2 main characters I really enjoyed watching it.)
INSPIRING K-DRAMA QUOTES FROM OH MY VENUS
- No. I can do anything if I set my mind to it. – Kang Joo Eun
- Do you know why the past is important to us? It’s because the past is the lesson for today. – Jo Hyun Jung
- It may look fine on the outside, but it needs time to heal. – Kim Young Ho
- There’s no use crying over spilled milk. It’s not going to be undone. – Kim Young Ho
- I guess life always gives you a chance for you to live no matter what. – Kang Joo Eun
- Among basic human rights, there is the right to pursue happiness. We humans have the right and responsibility to pursue happiness, whoever we are. – Kang Joo Eun
- Not saying things that you should say is also lying. If someone feels deceived, then you lied. – Kang Joo Eun
- Despite all of that, we still give it a try. Despite all of that, we still try to believe, and we try our best. That’s life, isn’t it? Nothing in life is guaranteed. – Kang Joo Eun:
Have you watched Oh My Venus? Share your feels!