A truth trapped in a wall of lies may look still and peaceful like calm waters. But without anyone even being aware of it, the truth found the tiniest crack in the wall and started leaking out toward the world. – Choi Dal Po
Pinocchio tells the story a man whose life was devastated by corrupt reporters who seeks to reveal their true motives by becoming one himself and a girl who suffers from Pinocchio Syndrome which results in her being unable to lie without hiccupping. The two go on a journey of self-discovery that forces them to face some uncomfortable truths. (Source : Kdramakisses)
- Lee Jong-suk as Choi Dal-po
- Park Shin-hye as Choi In-ha
- Kim Young-kwang as Seo Beom-jo
- Lee Yu-bi as Yoon Yoo-rae
- Genre : Romance / Drama / Comedy / Family
- It aired on SBS from November 12, 2014 to January 15, 2015 for 20 episodes.
- This series reunited actor Lee Jong-suk and actress Kim Hae-sook with screenwriter Park Hye-ryun and television director Jo Soo-won, who had collaborated a year before on I Can Hear Your Voice (2013).
- This drama points out so many things, like how the media impacts the public and how impactful one’s words are.
- The moral of the story was so powerful, something that exists in our everyday life.
- I’m not sure why but In Na and Dal Po’s chemistry just didn’t click for me. But I love the kissing scenes.
- I really liked the supporting characters, for the most part. In some dramas, the main couple is what keeps the drama alive. Here, the supporting cast makes the drama better, and more hilarious. My main ship in the drama was Cap and Yoon Yoo Rae. They were so cute.
- Passionate to Me by Younha was an additional to my OST playlist.
- Lee Jong-suk as Choi Dal Po / Ki Ha Myeong makes a great job as always wondering how to act should he surrender at the revenge or on the contrary keep on with his life and act according to his principles.
- Pinocchio is a good drama with great message and has sincere relatable characters, but I didn’t fall in love with it.
My Rating – 7.5/10
Have you watched Pinocchio? Share your feels!
FANGIRL RECOMMENDS :