You don’t need to say anything. Just go ahead and cry as much as you want. I’ll stay here by your side. – Kang Ji-woon
Cinderella and the Four Knights Synopsis : Eun Ha-Won (Park So-dam) is a bright high school senior who dreams of becoming a teacher. Unfortunately, she loses her mother in a tragic accident. When her father remarries and a cruel stepmother moves in and steals Ha-Won’s college tuition, Ha-Won is forced to take on part-time jobs to make her college downpayment. One day, she meets an old man who convinces her to move into a gorgeous mansion with three equally gorgeous men, who also happen to be billionaire cousins and heirs to the Kang family fortune. Between the rebel-minded loner Kang Ji-Woon (Jung Il-woo), playboy money machine Kang Hyun-Min (Ahn Jae-hyun) and the super-sweet singer Kang Seo-Woo (Lee Jung-shin), Ha-Won finds herself in the middle of the hottest love quadrangle to ever befall a modern fairy tale princess. Rounding out the mansion’s chaebol lifestyle are Lee Yoon-Sung (Choi Min), who serves as the cousins’ handsome bodyguard, and Park Hye-Ji (Son Na-eun), a gorgeous girl, who’s been neighbors/in love with Hyun-Min since childhood. (Source : Wikipedia)
- Park So-dam as Eun Ha-won
- Jung Il-woo as Kang Ji-woon
- Ahn Jae-hyun as Kang Hyun-min
- Lee Jung-shin as Kang Seo-woo
- Choi Min as Lee Yoon-sung
- Son Na-eun as Park Hye-ji
- Genre : Romantic comedy
- It aired on tvN from August 12 to October 1, 2016.
- No. of episodes : 16
- Based on the novel with the same title published in 2011 by Lee Min-young (Baek Myo)
- It drew parallels to the 2009 TV series Boys Over Flowers.
- Typical Drama: One cute, poor girl. A couple of rich, handsome guys. Interesting interactions, jealousies etc. The side girl to hate, the second lead guy to swoon over and so on.
- The story is not strong and sometimes it gets boring. Some obvious twists of a usual rom-com.
- The strongest points of the drama are the visuals of the actors.
- I enjoyed the lead female character.
- Ahn Jae-hyun as Hyun Min is adorable, typical spoiled and arrogant brat we love to not hate.
- Favorite scene: the drinking scene.
- Don’t expect this to be a deep, meaningful drama and you won’t be disappointed.
My Overall Rating – 7.5/10 (It was a simple, light story plot drama. Some obvious twists of a usual rom-com, it wouldn’t hurt to watch this if you have time.)
K-DRAMA QUOTES FROM CINDERELLA AND THE FOUR KNIGHTS
- Your life is utterly ruined? You know, there are people who lost their lives that day, like my mother! What do you think my life was like, after that day? But despite everything, I never once thought that my life had become utterly ruined. The person who ruined your life is you. – Ha-won
- I’ve never once protected anything that belonged to me. I couldn’t protect what was most important to you. And I felt like all I ever did was hurt you, which made me miserable. That’s why I pushed you and closed my heart to you. But I’m not going to do that anymore. I was wrong to run away from you before. Now I’ll protect you properly. – Hyun-min
- I’ve suffered from some nasty heartbreak myself, but it’s clear for everyone to see, no matter how much you try and hide it. So don’t hide, and just expose your true feelings. Don’t run away, either. You like Kang Ji-woon, right? Just think about your feelings for him. That’s all you need to do. – Hyun-min
Have you watched Cinderella and the Four Knights? Share your feels!
FANGIRL RECOMMENDS :
- Romantic Comedy – Kill Me, Heal Me (2015)