The Third Charm (2018)
There are two types of women in the world, The woman that you must meet and the woman that you would be better off not meeting. Today, I saw the third type. The woman I should’ve never seen again. That horrible wench. – Joon-young
The Third Charm Synopsis : The Third Charm is a story of two people spanning over a period of 12 years. From their college years to a more mature age of 32, will they find true love when they meet for the third time? In college, On Joon Yeong (Seo Kang Joon) is an intelligent but shy university student who meets Lee Yeong Jae (Esom) on a blind date. Lee Yeong Jae (Esom) is an optimistc 20 year old assistant hairdresser. She is not shy – the complete opposite to Oh Joon Yeong (Seo Kang Joon). Will they realize that they’re everything they’ve ever hoped for during their twelve year on-again, off-again relationship? (Source : Viki)
- Seo Kang-joon as On Joon-young
- Esom as Lee Young-jae
- Genre : Romantic comedy
- It explores the real side of relationships between couples.
- It aired on JTBC’s Fridays and Saturdays time slot, from September 28 to November 17, 2018 for 16 episodes.
- The female lead role was first offered to Chun Woo-hee and Choi Soo-young in April and May 2018 respectively, but both actresses declined the offer.
- This drama portrays toxic and immature people with insecurities. It shows understanding of life, people and relationships, pain and loss.
- The love story in the first episodes was really promising and cute. The drama in the last episodes was interesting and thrilling. But I got bored on the middle part of the series.
- The OST is very nice. My faves : Only You by Stella Jang and Think About You by Yongzoo
- There’s a lot negative reviews about this drama. A lot of viewers probably dropped it but I cling on and watched it until the very last episode. My reason? Seo Kang Joon! I fancy him a lot. I am not sure if it is his acting or his handsome face but I like watching him.
- All in all, rather than hating the drama, I’d say sometimes a small dose of twisted feeling is fine.
- The series definitely has good and bad points. But overall, its fine. Not the best, but its fine.
My Rating – 7.5/10
What do you think about Third Charm? Share your ‘feels’!
FANGIRL RECOMMENDS :
- Romantic Comedy Drama – My Strange Hero (2018)
- Seo Kang Joon’s Drama – Are You Human Too? (2018)