For a person to grow, there need to be pain and sacrifices. – Baek Seung Chan
The Producers Synopsis : The drama is set in the backstage world of broadcasting industry. The story revolves around the dynamic work and life of people who work in the entertainment division of television network. Ra Jun Mo, a 10-year veteran PD of variety shows, is described to have a long list of variety shows credit but without a notable program under his name. 10-year veteran music show PD, Tak Ye Jin, is described to have started out as an innocent and smart young rookie but the harsh working competition has changed her personality. She now becomes a sharp and prideful woman who says whatever is on her mind even in front of her bosses.
Rookie variety show PD, Baek Sung Chan, leaves a bright path as a prosecutor for a career in broadcast industry because of love. Diva-like top celebrity singer, Cindy, began as a trainee at the age of 13 and has been in the industry for 10 years. She’s known as an ice princess because she never lets herself feel deep affection for anyone. She experienced a lot of betrayal in the past that causes her to keep everyone at a safe distance. The story will leave various deep messages about friendship, family, fame, support, bullying and betrayal in the broadcast industry. (Source : MyDramalist)
- Cha Tae-hyun as Ra Joon-mo
- Gong Hyo-jin as Tak Ye-jin
- Kim Soo-hyun as Baek Seung-chan
- IU as Cindy
- Genre : Comedy / Drama
- It aired on KBS2 from May 15 to June 20, 2015 for 12 episodes.
- The Producers was described as the first ever “variety drama”, not only because of its subject but because it was produced by KBS’s variety department instead of the drama department.
- This is the second collaboration between actor Kim Soo-hyun and screenwriter Park Ji-eun after working together in the 2014 hit series My Love from the Star.
- It is also the second time Kim and IU have starred together, reuniting again after Dream High in 2011.
- It was a fun series, nothing dramatic or too funny.
- The cast was honestly the best aspect of this drama. They had great chemistry and they seemed to get really well.
- I don’t have much to say about the romantic scenes because I just wasn’t entertained.
- IU as Cindy was perfect.
- Kim Soo Hyun’s character (Baek Seung Chan) is lovable and adorable but there are times that I found him annoying but still cute. He stole the show in my opinion, his character was so well written and he did a really good job with his acting.
- The last episode was completely rushed. I’m left feeling so unsatisfied because there was so much more to the story.
My Rating – 7.5/10
YOU MIGHT ALSO WANT TO READ : MISAENG: INCOMPLETE LIFE (2014)
Have you watched The Producers? Share your ‘feels’!
P.S. Not all the photos are mine. Credits to the owners.