Here are some of the Korean Dramas you might want to add to your January’s Plan-To-Watch List:
PREMIERING IN JANUARY:
A Good Supper: A drama that depicts the conflict and growth of Yeong-shin who is born with the secret touch of authentic royal cuisine and the people around her.
- Premiere Date: January 11, MBC, Mon – Fri 19:15
- Main Cast: Jung Woo Yeon, Jae Hee, Kwon Hyuk, Kang Da Hyun
An adaptation of a popular web novel, “She Would Never Know” will tell the complicated office love story of two coworkers on a marketing team for a cosmetics brand.
- Won Jin Ah (Melting Me Softly) will star as perfectionist Yoon Song Ah, while Rowoon (Extraordinary You) will play her dashing younger colleague Chae Hyun Seung.
- “She Would Never Know” will premiere on January 18, 2021 at 9 p.m. KST following the conclusion of JTBC’s “Live On.”
Love (ft. Marriage and Divorce): The drama will tell the stories of three charming female protagonists in their 30s, 40s, and 50s who face unpredictable misfortunes, and it also deals with the trouble of married couples as they try to find true love.
- The first episode of “Love (ft. Marriage and Divorce)” will premiere January 23!
ENDING IN JANUARY:
- “The Penthouse” is set in a 100-floor luxury penthouse apartment and centers around three women: the “queen” of the penthouse Shim Soo Ryun (Lee Ji Ah), the “prima donna” Chun Seo Jin (Kim So Yeon) who will stop at nothing to get what she wants, and Oh Yoon Hee (Eugene) who will do anything it takes to get into the world of high society. (Last episode: January 5)
- “Please Don’t Date Him” tells the story of Seo Ji Sung (Song Ha Yoon), who learns secrets from her AI refrigerator about men who should be avoided, and Jung Gook Hee (Lee Jun Young), a firefighter who is so far removed from technology that he feels totally comfortable without a smartphone. (Last episode: January 12)
- “Live On” is a romance drama starring NU’EST’s Minhyun as Go Eun Taek, a perfectionist who is the head of his high school’s broadcasting club, and Jung Da Bin as Baek Ho Rang, a school celebrity and social media influencer who joins the club with ulterior motives. (Last episode: January 12)
- “The Goddess of Revenge” is a suspenseful revenge drama starring Kim Sa Rang as Kang Hae Ra, a woman who married into power and influence, but whose life was ruined in an instant when she was framed in a false scandal. She eventually joins forces with Cha Min Joon (played by Yoon Hyun Min), a brilliant but cold-hearted lawyer who is determined to avenge his family, in order to exact revenge on those who prey on the weak and vulnerable. (Last episode: January 16)
- “Awaken” is a murder mystery drama that follows the connection between mysterious events unfolding in the present and an enigmatic incident that took place in a village 28 years ago. (Last episode: January 19)
- “Delayed Justice” is about two men representing victims who are falsely accused. (Last episode: January 23)
- A drama adaptation of a hit webtoon, “The Uncanny Counter” tells the story of demon hunters called “counters” who come to Earth and disguise themselves as employees at a noodle restaurant in order to hunt down and capture evil spirits. (Last episode: January 24)
- “Cheat on Me If You Can” is a comedy-mystery thriller about adults who get up to all sorts of bad behavior. (Last episode: January 27)
CURRENTLY AIRING IN JANUARY
- “A Man in a Veil” follows the story of Lee Tae Poong (Kang Eun Tak) who miraculously survives an accident and possesses the intelligence of a 7-year-old. The drama will explore his process of taking revenge and his relationships with twin sisters Han Yoo Jung (Uhm Hyun Kyung) and Han Yoo Ra (Lee Chae Young).
- “Homemade Love Story” is about various people who gather at a house called Samkwang Villa run by a woman named Lee Soon Jung. The drama shows how people who start off as strangers begin to open up their hearts and love one another. It conveys the message that no matter how tough the world gets, the priceless warmth of love still exists in human relationships.
- A remake of the popular MBC drama “Phoenix” from 2004, “Phoenix 2020” tells the story of a rich woman and poor man who get married out of love but then get divorced. They then reunite later after their situations have completely reversed.
- Based on the hit webtoon of the same name, “True Beauty” is a romantic comedy starring Moon Ga Young as Lim Ju Gyeong, a girl who tries to combat her insecurities about her looks through her makeup skills, which turn her into a “goddess” at school. ASTRO’s Cha Eun Woo stars as Lee Su Ho, a popular student who secretly harbors his own emotional wounds, while Hwang In Yeob plays Han Seo Jun, an untamable rebel with a surprisingly warm heart.
- “Hush” is a series about the realistic and relatable everyday struggles of reporters. Starring Girls’ Generation’s YoonA and Hwang Jung Min, the drama aims to highlight the ways in which news reporters’ lives resemble those of ordinary office workers.
- “Mr. Queen” is a historical fusion drama about a man from modern times whose soul is trapped in the body of a queen from the Joseon dynasty. Shin Hye Sun stars as Kim So Yong, the Joseon queen with the soul of Blue House chef Jang Bong Hwan trapped inside her. Kim Jung Hyun plays her husband King Cheoljong, who is a weak and ineffective king on the outside but is stronger and sharper than he appears.
- “Run On” tells the story of people trying to connect with each other in their own languages after having lived in different worlds and at different paces.
- “Royal Secret Agent” stars Kim Myung Soo, Kwon Nara, and Lee Yi Kyung and follows the story of a secret royal inspector who goes undercover in the provinces to bring justice, uncover corruption, and solve the people’s problems.
- “Lovestruck in the City” is a new short-form romance drama that will follow the realistic love lives of young people fighting to survive in the hectic city.
- “A Love So Beautiful” is a remake of the Chinese drama of the same name and is about a bright and energetic high school student named Shin Sol Yi (So Ju Yeon) and her childhood friend Cha Heon (Kim Yo Han), whom she’s had a crush on for 17 years.
Synopsis Source : Soompi
What Korean dramas are you looking forward to watch in January?
FANGIRL CLANG PICKS :
- She Would Never Know (I’ll watch this because of Ro Woon)
- The Penthouse (K-drama Lovers Recommendation)
- The Uncanny Counter (K-drama Lovers Recommendation)
- Mr. Queen (K-drama Lovers Recommendation)
- Royal Secret Agent (I’ll watch this because of Kim Myung Soo)
- Lovestruck in the City (I’ll watch this because of Ji Chang Wook and Kim Ji Won)
Currently Watching : True Beauty