Hyde, Jekyll, Me (2015)
If someone else exists inside me… Then I hope it’s someone better than myself.
Hyde, Jekyll, Me Synopsis : Gu Seo Jin is a third-generation chaebol who runs the theme park Wonder Land. He seemingly has everything — looks, brains, and fortune. But a traumatic incident in his childhood resulted in Seo Jin having a split personality — one is a cold, ruthless man, while the other is the polar opposite, someone kind and gentle. Because of this, he vows never to date or marry. Seo Jin wants to get rid of the circus show at Wonder Land due to low ticket sales and high overhead costs, but he butts heads with circus master Jang Ha Na. Ha Na insists on saving the failing circus and dreams of revamping it back to its former glory. She soon finds herself falling for both of Seo Jin’s personalities. (Source: MyDramaList)
- Hyun Bin as Goo Seo-jin / Robin
- Han Ji-min as Jang Ha-na
- Sung Joon as Yoon Tae-joo / Lee Soo-hyun
- Lee Hye-ri as Min Woo-jung
- Also known as : Hyde, Jekyll and I
- Genre : Romance / Comedy / Drama
- It is based on Lee Choong-ho’s webtoon Dr. Jekyll Is Mr. Hyde, which gave a romantic comedy spin on the literary character.
- The series aired on SBS from January 21 to March 26, 2015 on Wednesdays and Thursdays for 20 episodes.
- The series was good and it has its own story, so don’t compare it with Kill Me, Heal Me.
- I cannot say that the drama was perfect but it was not bad afterall. It had a little of everything: mystery, bad guys, humor and romance.
- Sung Joon was very good and he was really convincing.
- Hyun Bin was Hyun Bin. He was a great actor and he did well in portraying Seo Jin and Robin as different personality.
- Overall, it was a very enjoyable drama, and I’d definitely recommend it, but advise to be open-minded when trying it out.
My Rating – 8.5/10
INSPIRING K-DRAMA QUOTES FROM HYDE, JEKYLL, ME
- The biggest challenge in life is for the two hearts to live in peaceful co-existence.
- The reason for human beings’ misery is because our capacity for memory is better than that of an animal. Only human beings obsess over their past.
- Life is sometimes full of things outside your control.
- If misfortune doesn’t come by itself, we also do not have to face that misfortune alone.
- What I need right now is the courage to directly face my pain.
- Don’t try to blame the pain on anyone… Blaming others won’t erase the pain.
Have you watched Hyde, Jekyll, Me? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below!
- Romance Drama – Find Me in Your Memory (2020)
- Hyun Bin’s Drama – Crash Landing on You (2019)
this is one of Hyun Bin’s dramas that I was so engrossed. I really didnt let days past to finish this. I dont really know whom I want between Robin and Seo Jin hahahaha!! tooo cute as RObin!
Considering to watch this drama after your review. Haven’t finished a kdrama in literally years!! Lol
I love that you include inspiring quotes from the drama. It makes me want to watch it.