I can’t break up with you. I’m going to continue to keep every single promise I made. You can break up with me. But I’m still going to love you. – Jin Hyuk
Encounter Synopsis : What happens when an encounter between a man and woman who seem to have nothing in common develops into a complicated love story?
Cha Soo Hyun is the daughter of a politician who lives a life where she is unable to choose her own path. After graduating from college, she entered into a loveless marriage with the son of a wealthy conglomerate, a marriage only beneficial to her politician father. She then gets divorced. Her life is changed further when she meets simple and kind Kim Jin Hyuk.
Kim Jin Hyuk is ordinary and innocent, a young man who enjoys life and finds happiness in the smaller things. He works various part-time jobs to earn a living, but is looking for a regular job. One day, he decides to take a trip abroad, where he meets Cha Soo Hyun. (Source : MyDramaList)
- Song Hye-kyo as Cha Soo-hyun
- Park Bo-gum as Kim Jin-hyuk
- Also known as Boyfriend
- Genre : Melodrama / Romance
- It aired on tvN’s Wednesdays and Thursdays time slot from November 28, 2018 to January 24, 2019 for 16 episodes.
- It is one of the highest rated Korean dramas in cable television history airing on weekdays.
- I loved that the story wasn’t overly dramatic but instead very realistic.
- The romance was so heartfelt, it made me wonder if such a beautiful romance could actually exist in real life, I hope it does.
- Song Hye Kyo and Park Bo Gum are very natural in their acting and handles their roles with ease.
- Nice OST, so soothing yet catchy. My favorites : The Day We Met by Cheeze and Don’t Hesitate by Yong Jun-hyung (Highlight)
- If you are a hopeless romantic you will love this drama. It’s a nice relaxing watch.
My Rating – 8/10
What do you think about Encounter? Share your ‘feels’!
FANGIRL RECOMMENDS :