“Flying with you was an honor.”
Space Sweepers Synopsis: It’s 2092 and space is littered with floating satellites and deserted spaceships. The crew of the junk collector ship, The Victory, travels throughout space looking for saleable garbage. With heavy competition from other junk collector ships, speed is the key to besting their rivals from other nations. When they discover the humanoid robot named ´Dorothy’, a known weapon of mass-destruction, a risky business deal soon follows. (Source: MyDramalist)
- Song Joong-ki as Tae-ho – Former Commander of the Space Guards and the first ever UTS Genius.
- Kim Tae-ri as Captain Jang – Former Special Forces Squad officer who later deserted her post to create her own pirate organization. She attempted to assassinate CEO James Sullivan in which her entire pirate crew were killed.
- Jin Seon-kyu as Tiger Park – Former Drug King who escaped Earth after being arrested and sentenced to death.
- Yoo Hae-jin as Robot Bubs – Former military robot trying to save up for her gender confirmation services
- Space Sweepers is a 2021 South Korean space opera film directed by Jo Sung-hee.
- Regarded as the first Korean space blockbuster, it was released on Netflix on February 5, 2021.
- The early working title of the film was Lightning Arc
- I’m actually impressed with this movie. It was really good. The storyline was interesting, somehow predictable but it’s very entertaining and fun.
- I love the diversity in the movie; hearing other languages and also Tagalog made me excited.
- The casting was excellent. The actors were so good in portraying each of their individual scenes.
- Kim Tae Ri as Captain Jang left a great impression, super badass.
- I loved Song Joongki’s acting, his emotions and expressions were in check.
- Overall, it was a fun ride for me and I really enjoyed watching it.
My Rating – 8.5/10
Have you watched Space Sweepers? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below!