Do you know the biggest mistake people make when they buy things? They can’t distinguish between what they need and what they want. And most of the things they want are things they don’t need. – Gu Hong Sil
Penny Pinchers Synopsis : Despite being a college graduate, Ji-Woong (Song Joong Ki) is so irresponsible with his money that he is continually calling his mother for loans. However, when he is evicted from his apartment he’s taken in by the woman across the hall, Hong-Shil (Han Ye Seul). Hong-Shil is a complete miser with her money, doing anything to save an extra penny and to gain an extra dime. This romantic movie proves love is more important than money. (Source : Soompi)
- Han Ye-seul as Gu Hong-sil
- Song Joong-ki as Chun Ji-woong
- Penny Pinchers is a 2011 South Korean romantic comedy film written and directed Kim Jung-hwan.
- Penny Pinchers was released in theaters on November 10, 2011.
- It was not a big commercial success, grossing US$2,707,761 on 424,002 admissions.
- It also screened at the 4th Okinawa International Movie Festival in 2012.
- The story is simple and quick and cute!
- The actors did a great job with their characters. I just loved watching the interactions between the two leads.
- Song Joong Ki is really adorable and he had really cute and funny moments in the movie.
- I wasn’t sure just what this movie was going to be like, but it ended up being just the right balance of humor and heart.
- The romance in this was really light.
- I enjoyed watching Penny Pinchers, but if you want to see a story full of romance and passion, this is not your best choice.
My Rating – 8.5/10
What do you think about Penny Pinchers? Share your feels!
FANGIRL RECOMMENDS :
- Song Joong Ki’s Movie – A Werewolf Boy (2012)