You can blame the system or the world. You can blame all the people who messed up the world if you want. However, nothing will change even if you try so hard to blame everything. Those people won’t even remember your name. If you really want to win, be a doctor who can serve. Stop blaming them and pay them back with your capability. – Master Kim
Dr. Romantic Synopsis : A story about Boo Yong-joo (Han Suk-kyu), a genius and triple-board certified surgeon, who was once at the top of his field and used to work at Seoul’s top hospital, Geodae. After a traumatic incident, he disappears and changes his name to Kim Sa-bu. He begins working at a small hospital named Doldam, located in Gangwon Province. He guides Kang Dong-joo (Yoo Yeon-seok) and Yoon Seo-jeong (Seo Hyun-jin) to become great doctors by teaching them to fight against power and money for the sake of patients. (Source : Wikipedia)
- Han Suk-kyu as Kim Sa-bu (Teacher Kim) / Boo Yong-joo
- Yoo Yeon-seok as Kang Dong-joo
- Seo Hyun-jin as Yoon Seo-jung
- Also known as Romantic Doctor Kim / Romantic Doctor / Doctor Romantic
- Genre : Medical / Melodrama / Romance
- It aired on SBS for 20 episodes from November 7, 2016 to January 16, 2017
- The series was a commercial hit and recorded over 20% in ratings. It received positive reviews for its plot and Han Suk-kyu’s performance.
- In the Philippines, the series aired on GMA Network under the title The Romantic Doctor from December 25, 2017 to February 15, 2018.
- Romantic Doctor, Teacher Kim is a drama about human emotions, actions, and consequences.
- It’s a good series, the story line is very interesting. The medical cases are really interesting as well. It makes you always curious about what will happen next.
- There is little romance but its kilig naman.
- All the characters are likeable and had good chemistry with each other. The whole cast of Doldam hospital seems like a big family. Teacher Kim’s OR Team was like #SquadGoals in every hospital.
- Side storylines are interesting, bromances are fun, and the verbal fights are satisfying.
- Kim Sa-bu is the gem of the show. He’s witty and funny and can be sarcastic at times, yet he’s very dependable like a father figure to so many characters in the drama.
- Dr. Romantic is very heartwarming and teaches you so many lessons. It’s been fun watching this drama and it’s a great show worth watching.
My Rating – 9/10
Have you watched Dr. Romantic? Share your ‘feels’!
- Romance / Melodrama – Descendants of the Sun (2016)