Does my dream have to be success? Can’t it be a person? – Nam Do San
“Start-up” is set in South Korea’s fictional Silicon Valley, called Sandbox, and tells the story of people in the world of startup companies.
Seo Dal-Mi is a young woman who dreams of becoming a CEO. Her family wasn’t that well to do; however she grew up happy. She’s an adventurer at heart. She was abandoned by her mother and sister at a young age, and lived with her dad and grand mother. She’s a person of great vitality, and has experiences in various part time jobs.
Nam Do-San is the founder of Samsan Tech, along with his two best friends: Lee Chul-San and Kim Yong-San. He was once the pride of his family for being math genius. However, he’s been a source of disgrace for the past two years as he failed to get investments in his company (Samsan Tech). Looking to turn Seo Dal-Mi’s misunderstanding of him being her first love into a reality, he enters Sandbox. (Source : Wikipedia)
- Bae Suzy as Seo Dal-mi
- Nam Joo-hyuk as Nam Do-san
- Kim Seon-ho as Han Ji-pyeong
- Kang Han-na as Won In-jae/Seo In-jae
- Genre : Drama / Romance
- The series revolves around a woman who has dreams of becoming an entrepreneur like Steve Jobs, a man who is secretly her first love, and another man who is pretending to be her first love.
- It aired on tvN from October 17 to December 6, 2020, every Saturday and Sunday for 16 episodes.
- It is available for streaming on Netflix.
- It’s a very heartwarming drama and the characters feel so real and will stay with you for a very long time after you finish watching it.
- You know the story is good when you proudly celebrate the characters’ achievements as if they were your own achievements.
- Team #NamDoSan or #HanJiPyeong? Actually, I didn’t really care about a ship.
- The friendship between the Samsan Tech trio was great.
- If you ever in need of a second lead syndrome, Han Ji Pyeong would be the perfect candidate.
- Most of the OSTs are catchy.
- What I disliked in this series is the weak chemistry between the main leads.
- What I liked the most in this series was the heartwarming relationship between Good boy and Halmeoni. Their bond is marvelous to watch. The only times I cried in this drama is because of HJP and halmeoni’s scenes together.
- Overall, it’s an enjoyable ride and I really love the ending. So, ignore the haters that only cared about a ship and watch this good series.
My Rating – 8.5/10
Have you watched Start-Up? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below!
FANGIRL RECOMMENDS :