Being a doctor is our job. Fixing patients is our job. We get paid for that and succeed. Is that bad? – Song Eun-jae
- Title: Hospital Ship
- Episodes: 40 (35 minutes)
- Aired: Aug 30, 2017 – Nov 2, 2017
- Original Network: MBC
- Genre: Medical / Romance
- Written by: Yoon Sun Joo (Secret Door)
- Directed by: Park Jae Bum (Let’s Make a New Start)
- Main Cast: Ha Ji-won (The Time We Were Not in Love) and Kang Min-hyuk (Entertainer)
- Where to watch: Viu
- Hospital Ship Synopsis is different from other medical dramas because it takes place on a ship that provides medical services to island villages rather than a regular hospital. It tells the story of doctors who practice medicine on a resource-limited island. While communicating with the people on the island, they turn into doctors who prescribe geniality. (Source: Soompi)
- I have very mixed feelings about this drama. I thought that a drama about doctors and nurses who are working on a hospital ship would be great.
- At the beginning the story was good, but it got down after a few episodes. The drama is definitely too long.
- The writer didn’t seem able to set a tone. A little medical, a little romance, a little comedy, a little melo, a little slice of life and so on.
- What I liked about the drama was the moments where we got to see the Hospital Ship really shine as a family.
- It became hit or miss based on the medical stories told in the episodes.
- Medical scenarios aren’t realistic. Hospital politics were boring.
- Is it the best medical drama out there? No. Is it the best storyline ever? No.
- It was a sleepy ride and is not good enough for the binge watch night.
My Overall Rating – 7.5/10 (Not the best medical drama for me but it was quite a pleasant drama.)
INSPIRING K-DRAMA QUOTES FROM HOSPITAL SHIP
- Tell me when you’re afraid. Ask for help when things are difficult. Cry when you’re sad. Just let it go.
- We’ll feel week many times in life. We’ll also feel lost. At times like that, please look around yourself, you’ll find him/her who supports you at times when you feel weak. That’s why we can start anew. While believing in the power of love, I loved. After all, it’s love.
Have you watched Hospital Ship? Share your feels!