Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo (2016)
Do you know why you are unhappy? Because of the gap between what you want and the reality. Try to be less greedy. – Joon-hyung
Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo Synopsis : A coming-of-age story about a group of college athletes who are fighting for their dreams, experiencing and finding love in the process, and growing every step of the way. (Source : Wikipedia)
- Lee Sung-kyung as Kim Bok-joo
- Nam Joo-hyuk as Jung Joon-hyung
- Lee Jae-yoon as Jung Jae-yi
- Kyung Soo-jin as Song Shi-ho
- Genre : Coming of age / Sports / Romantic-comedy
- It aired on MBC starting November 16, 2016 to January 11, 2017.
- No. of episodes : 16
- This drama is inspired by the life of South Korean Olympic weightlifter gold-medalist Jang Mi Ran.
- A very healthy, sensible, genuine kind of story as to friendship, family, love, goal, career and priority.
- Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo is a light and cute drama. Simple plot yet had so much good vibes.
- This drama was pretty cute and the characters are believable and relatable. I love the way this portrays the youth and its warmth.
- Relationship and Friendship Goals.
- The main couple is so adorable. The chemistry of NamLee couple is okay for me. Their sweetness will kill you.
- Nam Joo Hyuk as Joon Hyung is charming and adorable, his character is so boyfriend material, a kind of guy you want to keep in yourself, in your life. Where can I find one?
- OST is nice! (You and I by Kim Jong Wan / Dreaming by Han Hee Jung)
- If you aren’t looking for a drama that is heavily focused on plot, but rather for humor and fun, then watch WFKBJ.
- Ummmm… Do you like Messi?
- Oh and I almost forgot: SWAAAAAG!
My Rating: 7.5/10
Have you watched Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo? Share your ‘feels’!