Those who are destined to meet will eventually do so. The person I have to meet is here. – Hye Jung
- Title: Doctors
- Episodes: 20
- Aired: Jun 20, 2016 – Aug 23, 2016
- Original Network: SBS
- Also known as: Doctor Crush
- Genre: Medical / Drama / Romance
- Written by: Ha Myung Hee (High Society)
- Directed by: Oh Choong Hwan (My Love From The Star)
- Main Cast: Kim Rae-won (Punch), Park Shin-hye (Pinocchio), Yoon Kyun-sang (Six Flying Dragons) and Lee Sung-kyung (Cheese in the Trap)
- Synopsis: Yoo Hye-jung (Park Shin-hye) was a headstrong girl in high school with a prickly, gangster personality. Due to her many childhood scars, Hye-jung keeps her heart closed towards other people. However, she changes after meeting her mentor Hong Ji-hong (Kim Rae-won), who plays a key role in transforming her life from a “hopeless” delinquent to a compassionate doctor. They part ways subsequently but meet again after 13 years, when Yoo Hye-jung had become a doctor. (Source : Wikipedia)
- This drama showed how peoples different perspectives on life, love and relationships can cause misunderstandings, hurt, anger, acceptance and can change a person’s view on things by listening to the others perspective on it.
- It’s a drama about personal growth and the positive effects of genuine love.
- It doesn’t have the strongest plot and the story is weak but I love the quotes/life lesson in the beginning and end of every episode.
- I loved the music especially the That Love by Jung Yup.
- Kim Rae Won is one of the most charming actors I’ve yet to discover in kdrama. He has a great voice, interesting face, and lovely smile and he performs the first lead here perfectly. I enjoyed the drama more because of him.
- If you’re looking for something with a good cast, cute relationships, some humor but nothing intense, then Doctors is a good option for you.
My Rating – 8.0/10 (This is not the medical drama for you if you’re hoping for a complex plot. It is good but not outstanding.)
Have you watched Doctors? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below!
I love this drama mostly because of Kim Rae Won. I really admire his physique and acting. Overall, I give this a 7/10.