The nicer he is to me and the harder he works for me, the more I worry that I’ll expect too much from him. That I might start to think that he actually likes me… and that I might not be able to let him go… on the day we promised. – Kim Mi Young
Fated to Love You Synopsis : Lee Gun (Jang Hyuk) is the successor to a large company run by his family. Kim Mi Young (Jang Nara) is an average-looking secretary in a law firm who earned the nickname “Post-It” for her inability to say no to her colleagues who dump work on her. When the two cross paths one night after separately having drunk a drugged liquid, a comedy of errors occurs. Kim Mi Young goes into the wrong hotel room because the hotel door number accidentally changes, and the door is propped open by the mischief-making drugged liquid makers. She ends up sleeping with Lee Gun. When Mi Young finds out afterwards that she is pregnant, what will become of them? And will Kang Se Ra (Wang Ji-won) and Daniel (Choi Jin Hyuk) just stand by and let Gun and Mi Young deal with the situation in their own way? (Source : Wikipedia)
- Jang Hyuk as Lee Gun
- Jang Na-ra as Kim Mi-young/Ellie Kim
- Wang Ji-won as Kang Se-ra/Kim Mi-young
- Choi Jin-hyuk as Daniel Pitt/Kim Tae-ho
- Also Known As : You Are My Destiny
- Genre : Romance / Comedy / Drama
- It aired on MBC from July 2 to September 4, 2014 on Wednesdays and Thursdays for 20 episodes.
- It is a remake of the Taiwanese drama Fated to Love You starring Joe Chen and Ethan Ruan, which received high ratings during its run in 2008.
- The series also reunited Jang Hyuk and Jang Na-ra, who previously starred together twelve years before on Successful Story of a Bright Girl (2002).
- From start to finish I fell in love with this series. There is just so much warmth and beauty in this show.
- I laughed, I cried, felt happy and felt sad at times. This one is now among my favorites.
- This drama was filled with great characters.
- I enjoyed Gun and Mi Young’s chemistry.
- Jang Na Ra’s acting is so utterly genuine that it’s impossible not to fall in love with her character.
- This is my first time to watched Jang Hyuk and I was enchanted. He was hilarious, he was charming, he was touching, and even his laugh grew on me.
- The music was great.
- This is a must see for rom-com fans. The series is absolutely wonderful. I hope you will also enjoy this drama as I did.
My Rating – 10/10
YOU MIGHT ALSO WANT TO READ : Another Miss Oh (2016)
Have you watched Fated to Love You? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below!
P.S. Not all the photos are mine. Credits to the owners.