You taught me this … If there is no evidence, it must be created. – Oh Yoon Hee
The Penthouse 2: War in Life Synopsis: The residents of Hera Palace have become more wicked, and their secrets are about to be revealed. Seo Jin and Dan Tae eventually get rid of all the people who were in their way. They frame Yoon Hee as the murderer of Su Ryeon and even cover up the death of Seol A. The residents of Hera Palace believe that everything will go back to how it used to be. However, Yoon Hee breaks out of prison, and Eun Byeol knows the truth. We never know what will happen to them. Will they be able to protect their precious palace till the end? (Source: Viu)
- Lee Ji-ah as Shim Su-ryeon (A graceful, dignified woman who is humane and kind, despite her immense wealth who has a tragic past.)
- Eugene as Oh Yoon-hee (A woman whose dreams have been stunted by her lack of money and power.)
- Kim So-yeon as Cheon Seo-jin (A wealthy woman who is the epitome of showy and arrogant and who harbors warped ambitions. She is a woman who would do anything for power, money and pride.)
- Genre: Suspense / Drama / Crime / Revenge / Thriller / Mystery
- It premiered on SBS TV on February 19, 2021
- Episodes: 13
- As of the ending of the second season on April 2, 2021, the series with 5.69 million viewers is placed at 8th rank in the Top 50 Korean television series per nationwide viewers.
- The series achieved the number-one position in all-channel mini-series, 13 times in a row from its first broadcast on February 19, 2021 to the last episode on April 2, 2021.
This is a Makjang. So, I trust that if you like those and you’ve watched season 1 you already expect this to be over the top and exaggerated.
It’s the same old thing over and over again. Bullying, murder, revenge and Repeat.
I enjoyed the courtroom scenes.
The young cast are all truly amazing, and it makes the series even more enjoyable.
My favorite character is still Lee Ji Ah as Shim Su-ryeon. She’s really the Queen of Hera Palace.
My Overall Rating – 8.0/10 (Season 2 was a rollercoaster but not as good as Season 1. Plot twists were predictable but all in all, S2 was still enjoyable.
INSPIRING K-DRAMA QUOTES FROM THE PENTHOUSE 2: WAR IN LIFE
- If you commit a sin, it is natural to be punished. -Logan Lee
- You shouldn’t sin and live as if nothing happened. -Oh Yoon Hee
- Stop letting people walk all over you. If someone comes at you, you go at them too.
Have you watched The Penthouse 2: War in Life? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below!