“The world only listens to powerful people.” – Cheon Seo Jin
The Penthouse: War in Life Synopsis: The Penthouse is a place everyone dreams to be live in. Located in the wealthiest area of Seoul with the wealthiest residents, everyone desires to move higher up the building. Three moms in this drama unveil their secret desires to elevate their lives. Su Ryeon will do anything to take revenge on the adults that wrecked her child’s life. Seo Jin may have cultivated a successful career as a classical singer, but her daughter seems to lack in so many things unlike her. Yoon Hee refuses to inherit poverty and devastation to her daughter and tries everything she can to move into the Penthouse. This is a journey of the three moms pedaling down an unstoppable race fueled by greed and desire. (Source: Viu)
- Lee Ji-ah as Shim Su-ryeon (A graceful, dignified woman who is humane and kind, despite her immense wealth who has a tragic past.)
- Eugene as Oh Yoon-hee (A woman whose dreams have been stunted by her lack of money and power.)
- Kim So-yeon as Cheon Seo-jin (A wealthy woman who is the epitome of showy and arrogant and who harbors warped ambitions. She is a woman who would do anything for power, money and pride.)
- Genre: Suspense / Drama / Crime / Revenge / Thriller / Mystery
- It premiered on SBS TV on October 26, 2020.
- Episodes: 21
- At the end of the first season, the series with 102.6 million viewers is placed at 9th rank in the Top 50 Korean television series per nationwide viewers.
- The series achieved the number-one position in all-channel mini-series, 21 times in a row from its first broadcast on October 26, 2020 to the last episode on January 5, 2021.
This drama is not good for easily angered and sensitive people.
There is a perfect mix of scenes that will make you laugh, scenes that will keep you on the edge of your seat and scenes where you are shocked and angry. There are a lot of hilarious scenes too.
Everyone did an amazing job portraying their characters. The series gives you characters to like, characters to hate, and characters where you can choose whether you want to support or not.
It’s an emotional roller coaster ride drama. You will experience all emotions on every single episode. This drama is crazy and intense.
My Overall Rating – 8.5/10 (One thing for sure is that this drama is not for everyone. It’s not meant for people who are sensitive and with anger issues. This drama is entertaining but enraging.)
INSPIRING K-DRAMA QUOTES FROM THE PENTHOUSE: WAR IN LIFE
- The most useless and easy thing in this world is a man’s heart. Don’t trust men too much.
- You must protect your child no matter what your child did. Because you’re mother.
- There is always some regrets in life. Living is just like… enduring the loss of what you didn’t choose.
- Life is about timing.
- The house you live in is your personality and the world you are involved in.
Have you watched The Penthouse: War in Life? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below!