Being happy by my own standards is all I need in life, right? – Dong-baek
“When the Camellia Blooms” tells the story of Yong Shik (Kang Ha Neul), a man who believes anything is possible with love and makes Dong Baek (Gong Hyo Jin) think the same way. Meanwhile, those who surround them scoff at their belief in the power of love. (Source : Soompi)
- Gong Hyo-jin as Oh Dong-baek
- Kang Ha-neul as Hwang Yong-sik
- Kim Ji-seok as Kang Jong-ryul
- Genre : Romantic comedy / Thriller
- It aired on KBS2 from September 18 to November 21, 2019.
- No. of episodes : 40
- When the Camellia Blooms became the highest rated mini-series drama airing in 2019 with a single episode rating of 23.8%.
- According to Nielsen Korea, the drama also became the second highest rated drama of 2019 with all episodes’ average ratings of 14.83% behind SBS’s The Fiery Priest.
- It’s very warm and realistic, but I got bored on some episodes.
- This show has a lot of lessons for us to learn from. The love between two people, love for your child, love for your parents, love for your friends, love for your neighbors and love for yourself, all are explored in great depth in this drama.
- I don’t like the chemistry of the main leads. The mystery part of the drama is what I liked most.
- Pil Gu the son of Dongbaek is the one who breaks me into tears. Good job kid!
- My favorite thing was Kang Ha Neul as Yong-sik, I loved everything about him. The only reason why I enjoyed watching the series is because of him. I got kilig on how Yong Sik expresses his love to Dongbaek, it was absolutely refreshing.
- “Miracles don’t exist. It’s just the little heroes inside us working together. It’s small acts of kindness done by kind people.” I just loved this quote from the series.
My Rating – 8/10
YOU MIGHT ALSO WANT TO READ : OH MY GHOST (2015)
Have you watched When The Camellia Blooms? Share your ‘feels’!
P.S. Not all the photos are mine. Credits to the owners.