The Crowned Clown (2019)
Your Majesty, the throne you protected with your blood and tears, I’ll protect it well. Please rest in peace. – Yi Heon
The Crowned Clown Synopsis : The story takes place at a time in mid-Joseon period, when upheavals and power struggles surrounding the throne had reached extremely devastating levels. In order to escape those who plan to assassinate him, the king puts a clown, who looks exactly like him, on the throne. The clown then later became the king of Joseon on his own merits. (Source : Wikipedia)
- Yeo Jin-goo as Ha-seon, the clown / Yi Heon
- Lee Se-young as Yoo So-woon
- Kim Sang-kyung as Yi Kyu (a.k.a. Haksan)
- Genre : Historical / Romance / Melodrama
- No. of episodes : 16
- It aired from January 7 to March 4, 2019 on tvN.
- “The Crowned Clown” is a remake of the film “Gwanghae: The Man Who Became King” which achieved 10 million moviegoers.
- “I think that the chance to play two characters is a very rare opportunity for an actor. I’m so happy that I can portray two charming characters.” – Yeo Jin Goo
- It has an excellent cast and an intriguing story.
- It was funny, up beat, heartfelt and at times intense.
- There are so many twists and turns, it will constantly keep you on the edge of your seat. Everything just worked well and made me anticipate next episode.
- I can’t stop praising Yeo Jin Goo’s acting enough. He executed his dual role of the king and the clown so damn well.
- All the other characters had their own time to shine, even the antagonist.
- Overall, fans of historical dramas should definitely watch “The Crowned Clown”.
My Rating – 8.5/10
YOU MIGHT ALSO WANT TO READ : THE EMPEROR: OWNER OF THE MASK (2017)
Have you watched The Crowned Clown? Share your ‘feels’!
P.S. Not all the photos are mine. Credits to the owners.