The Emperor : Owner of the Mask (2017)
Like this sun waiting for the moon, I will always be with you. Just like that moon, I may not be able to see you clearly and like that moon you may change but however you do I will protect you. – Lee Sun
The Emperor: Owner of the Mask Synopsis : The story of a crown prince named Lee Sun who fights the Pyeonsuhwe society that holds absolute power over the kingdom and also controls the water supply by privatizing it. The drama involves romance, action and court politics as the Crown prince, Lee Sun fights heroically on behalf of the people and Han Ga Eun finds herself falling in love with him instead of avenging the execution of her father at his hands. In “The Emperor: Owner of the Mask,” there is palace intrigue revolving around the true power behind the throne, and a plot twist when the prince switches identities with a commoner. But the overall theme of the show is love, which underlies the romance between a prince and his girl as well as the compassion for the country and people. (Source : MyDramalist)
- Yoo Seung-ho as Crown Prince Yi Sun
- Kim So-hyun as Han Ga-eun
- Kim Myung-soo as Commoner Yi-sun
- Yoon So-hee as Kim Hwa-gun
- Genre : Historical / Political / Melodrama / Romance
- It aired on MBC from May 10, 2017 for 40 episodes.
- The show performed modestly with average rating of 12.4%, and ranked as the 4th most watched Korean series in 2017.
- The series reunited Kim So-hyun and Yoo Seung-ho who starred in Missing You (2013), and Kim Myung-soo and Yoon So-hee in The Day After We Broke Up (2016).
- In Philippines, the drama was aired on July 15, 2019 to August 29, 2019 as part of GMA Network’s The Heart of Asia under the title Emperor: Ruler of the Mask on its 16th anniversary celebration.
- It was an intense and moving drama that completely drew me in.
- I really admired Hwa Gun, the strongest female k-drama second lead for me. She was cool and interesting.
- Kim Myung-soo gave out his best perfomance in here. I felt his emotions and I felt the agony he had in his heart as he plays his role.
- Yoo Sung Ho’s performance is amazing as always. He is one of the best actors when it comes to crying scenes.
- Don’t go into with extremely high expectations and you won’t be disappointed.
- I really enjoyed this drama. Its a total package of good story and good cast.
My Rating – 9/10
Have you watched The Emperor: Owner of the Mask? Share your ‘feels’!
FANGIRL RECOMMENDS :
- Historical Drama – Moon Embracing The Sun (2012)
- Yoo Seung Ho’s Movie – Seondal : The Man Who Sells The River (2016)