Moon Embracing the Sun (2012)
You told me to forget you. You hoped that I forgot you, right? I’m sorry. I wanted to forget you, but I couldn’t do it. – Lee Hwon
Moon Embracing the Sun Synopsis : It tells of a secret, poignant love story between a fictional king of the Joseon Dynasty and a female shaman against the backdrop of a Korean traditional palace; and the conflicts and conspiracy of vying political powers. (Wikipedia)
- Kim Soo-hyun as Crown Prince / King Lee Hwon / King Taejong
- Han Ga-in as Heo Yeon-woo / Shaman Wol
- Jung Il-woo as Prince Yang-myung
- Kim Min-seo as Yoon Bo-kyung
- Genre : Historical / Romance / Fantasy
- It aired on MBC from January 4 to March 15, 2012 for 20 episodes.
- The historical-fantasy drama is adapted from the novel of the same name written by Jung Eun-gwol.
- The drama reached a peak rating of 42%.
- It won the Best Drama and Best Actor awards in the television category at the 48th Baeksang Arts Awards, and multiple awards at 2012 MBC Drama Awards, including Drama of the Year.
- This production marked Han Ga-in’s first historical drama and return to television since Bad Guy in 2010.
- It is also Jung Il-woo’s second historical drama following The Return of Iljimae in 2009.
- It was a mix of everything: Sweet, Romantic, Tragedy, Comedy, etc.
- I really love Sageuk drama. This drama basically played with my emotions.
- From the very beginning it is heart wrenching and wonderful and I was instantly hooked with this drama. One of my favorites!
- I loved some characters, and loved to hate others.
- Han Ga In acting often looked bored to me.
- The younger actors did a great job. I was amazed at how well they acted. They were able to convey their emotions well.
- I was literally mesmerized by Kim Soo Hyun. His performance was outstanding. He did well as the king. He is an actor that was made for crying.
- The music was beautiful! My personal favorites are Back in Time by Lyn / The One and Only You by Kim Soo Hyun.
- Moon Embracing the Sun is a great drama. It has the perfect amount of suspense at the right times to make you want to watch the next episode. GO WATCH IT!
My Rating – 10/10
What do you think about Moon Embracing the Sun? Share your feels!
FANGIRL RECOMMENDS :
- Fantasy Romance / HIstorical – Arang and the Magistrate (2012)