Most people aren’t interested in the truth. They just casually gossip to entertain themselves. No one takes responsibility for the caused pain. – Oh Han Byeol
- Title: Sh**ting Stars
- Episodes: 16
- Aired: Apr 22, 2022 – Jun 11, 2022
- Original Network: tvN
- Genre: Romantic comedy
- Written by: Choi Young Woo, Choi Yeon Seo
- Directed by: Lee Soo Hyun (The Witch’s Diner)
- Main Cast: Lee Sung-kyung (Dr. Romantic 2), Kim Young-dae (The Penthouse 3: War in Life), Yoon Jong-hoon (The Penthouse Season 3: War in Life), Kim Yoon-hye (Midnight Thriller), Lee Jung-shin (Longing Heart), and Park So-jin
- Synopsis: In the crazy world of showbiz, stars wars, anti-fans, fake news, and click bait headlines, “Sh**ting Stars” follows the life of popular matinee idol Gong Tae Sung (Kim Young Dae) and the PR head of his star management firm Oh Han Byul (Lee Sung Kyung). The only glitch is that Tae Sung and Han Byul can’t seem to get along at all as she constantly keeps firefighting between his fandom, schedules, and publicity. The inevitable does happen as Tae Sung and Han Byul realize that they do have strong feelings for the other, but it gets even more complicated than they had imagined. (Source: Soompi)
Story: Some may consider the story plain. But the execution was very good. Plot development is average yet decent and likable. I loved how this rom-com was filled with multiple love stories and more than one storyline (not only focusing on the ML & FL’s story) so you were never bored.
Acting/Cast: Chemistry development between Tae Sung and Han Byeol was very fond, sweet and likable. All pairings looked good together. Everyone’s chemistry is so good, couples and non-couples. All the friendships were super sweet and genuine, the whole cast fit perfectly together.
Overall: Clichés don’t always go wrong. Love this series!
My Rating – 8.5/10 (Unexpectedly fun and entertaining drama with cute and good chemistry between the main characters.)
Have you watched Sh**ting Stars? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below!