I witnessed how the desire to win that power made people violent and evil. It is only right not to awaken the ice stone’s power. – Jang Uk
- Title: Alchemy Of Souls Season 1
- Episodes: 20
- Aired: Jun 18, 2022 – Aug 28, 2022
- Original Network: tvN, Netflix
- Genre: Fantasy / Romance / Period drama / Action
- Written by: Hong Jung Eun, Hong Mi Ran (Hong Sisters) (Hotel Del Luna)
- Directed by: Park Joon Hwa (Touch Your Heart)
- Main Cast: Lee Jae-wook (Do Do Sol Sol La La Sol), Jung So-min (Monthly Magazine Home) and Hwang Min-hyun (Live On)
- Notes: Jung So Min and director Park Joon-hwa previously worked together in 2017 TV series Because This Is My First Life
- Synopsis: Set in a fictional country called Daeho, the series is about the love and growth of young mages as they overcome their twisted fates due to a forbidden magic spell known as the “alchemy of souls”, which allows souls to switch bodies. It follows the story of an elite warrior named Nak-su whose soul is accidentally trapped inside the weak body of Mu-deok. She becomes entangled with Jang Uk who is from a noble family, and becomes his servant. (Source: Wikipedia)
Story: Alchemy of Souls has an amazing story line. The plot is so very intriguing with its twists and turns.
Acting/Cast: It was a pleasure to watch the cast’s acting. The majority of the cast delivered outstanding performances. The chemistry between the leads and the acting as well is just on point. Jung So Min has nailed every acting she is in. Her performance is superb.
Overall: If you like fantasy, action or adventure, this drama is highly recommended. The time invested will be worthwhile. Alchemy of Souls is a must watch.
My Rating – 8.5/10 (Alchemy of Souls is pure entertainment from start to finish.)
Have you watched Alchemy Of Souls Season 1? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below!