We argue a lot recently. It was like that from the very beginning. He said I wasn’t a woman to him from the very first sight. He said that unexpectedly. After I heard it, I was so upset; I treated him roughly and fought against him. Now that I think about it, that’s when I began to love him. – Hang Ah
The King 2 Hearts Synopsis : A female North Korean Special Forces officer and a foolhardy and audacious South Korean prince overcome prejudice, obstacles, and the eyes of the world as they grow their love for each other. (Source: Viki)
- Ha Ji-won as Captain Kim Hang-ah
- Lee Seung-gi as Prince Lee Jae-ha (later King Jae-ha)
- Jo Jung-suk as Eun Shi-kyung
- Yoon Je-moon as Kim Bong-gu (John Mayer)
- Lee Yoon-ji as Princess Lee Jae-shin
- Also known as King2Hearts
- Genre: Romance / Drama / Action
- The series aired on MBC from March 21 to May 24, 2012 on Wednesdays and Thursdays for 20 episodes.
- This is a romantic drama, full of awe, suspense and heartbreak.
- The reason I watched this mainly because of Lee Seung-gi, then the story seemed intriguing enough I just went for it without high expectations or anything.
- The romance was cute but not shallow. The romantic development was always captivating especially that there’s two different love stories to follow.
- I like Ha Ji Won’s North Korean accent.
- Jo Jung Suk was so cool and did an excellent job in his role.
- Lee Seung Gi really did a great job in King2Hearts. He takes his role to the fullest and you can’t stop to be more impressed from each episode you watch.
- The best part about this drama was definitely the characters and their relationships.
- If you like romance combined with action and politics then you would like this.
My Overall Rating – 8/10 (Action packed mixed with romance, drama and politics. I enjoyed this drama because of Seung-gi.)
INSPIRING K-DRAMA QUOTES FROM THE KING 2 HEARTS
- Identity? Are you asking about my identity? I am just a woman with one man deeply rooted in my heart. – Hang Ah
- There is no limit to childishness, if a person starts attacking the other one, they just strike back. Your weak point? Secret? They won’t avoid it, and instead try to hurt you with it. So the reason you’re fighting is totally lost. They’ll just start thinking about how to hurt the other person most, so much that they’ll cry out in pain. – Yang Sun
- People think fondly of their first love and want to remember it forever. But I don’t know – I just want to forget it. She only cared about my royal title. Other kids, too. I gave up right then and there. This is how things are. This is what people and the world are like. I gave up and I enjoyed it. Even when I met a good person once in a while, just to there, I’d draw the line, and not trust. But living that way… a person grows so lonely. – Jae Ha
- What is there to like about a powerless king? There was a time I was shaken – when you said you’d resign, when you said you couldn’t send me here. But that was all. You didn’t blame anyone else or lie down in defeat. When it was a 99% improbable reality, you plotted and schemed to find that remaining one percent. I didn’t serve you because you were the king. I served you because even in the pit of despair, you did not give up. – Shi Kyung
Have you seen The King 2 Hearts? Let me know your thoughts in the comment below
- North Korean – Secretly Greatly (2013)
- Lee Seung Gi’s Movie – The Princess and the Matchmaker (2018)